See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Software Engineer for the CNN Department.
You will be joining a horizontal and cross functional team responsible for supporting all-things-video for CNN Digital, which includes the evolution of our video workflows, management of our playback infrastructure, and development of new, video-led experiences for our digital audience. We are looking for a video expert that can help us drive the evolution of our ecosystem and who is familiar with industry's current state - someone who can be ready to get hands-on the first day.
Our team is responsible for:
• Creating a platform through which our audience can engage with our best-in-class video content.
• Delivering video players that provide the best experience to our users, considering the form factor, device and network connectivity.
• Creating and maintaining video workflows and data tools that support an efficient and authoritative delivery of video assets and metadata.
• Ensuring the highest technical quality, lighting-fast performance, and an engaging experience across all CNN Digital properties.
• Maintaining and leading a video product roadmap across all product lines.
• Set organization-wide experience and technical video standards.
• Partner with our product teams to integrate video into their end products.
• Coordinate across the organization teams involved in the video delivery chain, including Editorial, Production, Ads, Product, Design, and Technology.
• Serve as subject-matter resource for current and future state and trends in the digital video landscape.
• Collaborate with product and design leads to craft experiences that help our users find the video content they want, when they want it, in the format they prefer.
• Support multiple OTT platforms (tvOS, FireTV, Roku) to rapidly iterate on our end-user experience.
• Leverage existing design systems, and test variants using A/B testing tools.
• Share your knowledge of the latest in platform technologies to push the boundaries of what we can provide our users.
• Design and implement strategies to encourage our audience to more deeply engage with short-form, long-form, and live content across our platforms.
• 1+ years of experience building applications for FireTV, tvOS, and Roku, with at least 3 years of experience on a dedicated platform.
• Experience with industry standard tools such as Github, continuous integration, and automated testing.
• Interest and understanding in the full delivery cycle of video - encoding, packaging, and distribution.
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise.
• Advanced Computer Science degree or comparable experience.
Last, and most importantly, are our Team Beliefs and Behaviors. If the above is your skill set and the below are your values, then we can't wait to meet you!
• Are stronger together
• Tackle the right problems with the right people
• Seek knowledge and share knowledge
• Challenge assumptions
• Are a Talent Powerhouse
• Succeed Together
• Aim High
• Focus on the Future
• Are Agile
• Act Courageously
• Create Connection
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7ebj-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.