Senior Software Engineer, Business
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Business for the CNN Department.
• Contribute to the architecture and implementation of backend systems with a focus on integrations, APIs, and automation.
• Contribute to the code & architecture reviews and champion best practices for the organization by defining and evolving engineering standards.
• Stay abreast with industry trends and announcements. Understand how changes can impact our business and raise concerns and/or propose solutions to mitigate.
• Code! Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Fail up, learn from research and experiments and ultimately choose the best solution to succeed the company objectives.
• Follow a progressive development methodology, moving from proofs of concept to prototypes to production releases.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field, and/or 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Proven record of driving initiatives which involve changes in the engineering culture through evangelism and structured processes.
• Ability to review company goals and lead towards success, through discussion with engineering peers, proposals, and ultimately breaking down the solution into meaningful tasks to execute or delegate to the team.
• Expert level working with modern engineering technologies such as Fastly, AWS, Serverless/SAM, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, Snowflake and Git.
• Deep industry experience with modern development technologies, and handson familiarity with both client and server technology. Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
• A passion to grow professionally and continue developing along an individual contributor path.
What will set you apart from the crowd:
• Experience with strategies to monitor code health, infrastructure health and performance of applications.
• Experience working with data representing financial markets, macroeconomics, political events/elections, and similar news oriented data.
• Experience working on Kanban/Scrum teams and the tools used for project management.
• Active in the technology community.
• Experience with interviewing and talent acquisition.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An inhouse learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8eww-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.