WarnerMedia, a leading media conglomerate, creates & programs world-class content in the news, entertainment and sports verticals. WarnerMedia content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally and in the US via TV and digital distribution. WarnerMedia's consumer-facing brands include CNN, CNNMoney, Bleacher Report, tbs, TNT, Cartoon Network, along with deep relationships with sports leagues such as the NBA, MLB, and NCAA March Madness.
Turner is seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead digital technical projects supporting the business, specifically for Digital Ad serving and Revenue Operations initiatives.
• The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects, successfully balancing scope, quality, time and resources to deliver against the strategic plan and objectives of the business.
• The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the internal development team, key business stakeholders, internal technology partners and various vendors.
• This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment focused on providing innovative technical solutions that drive revenue! Moreover, this is a leadership position requiring excellent communication and technical skills, coupled with the ability to lead mission critical projects across a large enterprise.
• Lead cross-functional teams consisting of Revenue Operations, Product, Design and Editorial customers, Software Developers, Quality Assurance Specialists, Ads and Analytics partners and 3rd party vendors from planning through launch.
• Assume ownership stake in all key processes including work in-take, sprint planning, execution, launch and retrospectives. Drive continuous review and optimization of these processes to ensure alignment with the business and operational goals.
• Build/maintain relationships and liaison with project sponsors, internal and external customers, team members, support teams and 3rd party vendors.
• Partner with product stakeholders in the development, prioritization and communication of the Product Roadmap.
• Translate product objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets for the entire project lifecycle.
• Manage expectations, negotiation and communication with project stakeholders in support of delivery against the project roadmap.
• Preparation and ongoing management of project tools and documentation, including time/financial tracking, project plans, sprints/rapid boards, status reports and launch plans.
• Ensure all project requirements, design mocks and related project assets are properly documented and communicated to project teams.
• Facilitate project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation.
• Clearly and effectively communicate progress, issues/risks and opportunities at both the project and program level; Escalate issues in a timely, effective manner.
• Perform estimation, forecasting and time tracking/reporting for projects and project resources.
• Perform analysis against both business and technical constraints and provide value-based recommendations; Identify and negotiate / mitigate potential conflicts.
• Collaborate with project management peers across the Turner organization in the sharing and adoption of PM standards and best practices.
• BS/BA in related discipline and at least 5-8 years of experience working as a project manager in Digital Media, Technology, or Software Development project management (required); mobile experience (optional), Adserving (preferred.)
• Proven experience implementing standard project management and SDLC methodologies and best practices; PMP certification (optional)- Hands on experience with JIRA, Confluence, Product Management Software or similar PM tools.
• Deep understanding of current digital/internet and mobile technologies and trends.
• Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional and virtual teams.
• Ability to handle multiple fast-moving projects with changing priorities, drivers and dependencies.
• Ability to accomplish goals by managing and influencing individuals across multiple organizations to meet deadlines on time and on budget.
• Project financial management with a strong focus on estimation, budgeting and reporting.
• Excellent group facilitation and collaboration skills.
• Equal ability to work effectively independently or as part of an integrated team
• Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal.)
• Proven track record of delivering technical projects on time and budget using cross functional teams.
• Goal-oriented self-starter with strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboe9y-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.