Senior Product Manager
Europe – ideally Stockholm, Madrid or London.
You will ideally be passionate about video streaming, movies/series, entertainment, and technology. You will will have an understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer. You will then execute against that vision via small, medium, and long-term projects. You need to be a ''doer'' who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking and you will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
This is a small, lean team, and as such, you will need to be able to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output. This role will take the lead in collecting, documenting and prioritising product requirements for the EMEA region; including mapping out the final product vision for market differentiation. You will work closely with the global product/technology organization to ensure EMEA market needs are fulfilled.
What will you be doing?
• Define the product capability roadmap for EMEA, and work with Product Development teams to ensure feasibility and adjust where needed.
• Create product ''documentation'' including product requirements and use cases, to clearly define the product capabilities, down to a detailed level, accounting for positive and negative paths.
• Work tightly with the global Product Development team and UX/UI teams on requirements and wireframes/design development.
• Clearly communicate the roadmap at all levels, including specific functionality offered at any given time point, to ensure all understand what a feature means and what the consumer will see.
• Help define and articulate longer-term strategies and determine those that need runway of work earlier to achieve timeline targets.
• Monitor and analyse key performance indicators and make recommendations based on data to improve the product.
• Work closely with legal departments to ensure compliance with EMEA regulations.
• Research and analyse emerging trends in the marketplace and keep abreast of the competition to drive product requirements.
• Understand and communicate consumer behavior for products and features.
• Utilise data-driven decision making for prioritizing product feature backlog.
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams and have exposure to senior leadership.
• Ultimately will be held accountable for the launch of major, brand new product initiatives in EMEA and for the subscribers and customer experience as a result of those products and product enhancements.
To lead this team, you will have a mixture of the following experience:
• Ideally 10+ years experience in managing or leading digital product management or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Experience in streaming video products on tablets, phones, PCs, and other devices.
• Superior leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) strongly preferred.
• Understanding of social, recommendation, discovery, and personalisation systems.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services.
• Extensive experience writing product requirements, user stories and formulating strategies for feature execution within the product.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Understanding of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
Don't have an up-to-date CV? That is fine with us. Send over what you have, and we can go from there together.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia https://www.warnermediagroup.com/diversity
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.