Senior Product Designer, Viewer Growth
Find out more information at HBOMax.com .
As a Senior Product Designer focusing on Data-Driven Experiences, you will be involved in every aspect of the product design process, from initial brainstorm sessions to final delivery with engineering. You will utilize a full range of product design, interaction design, systems design and visual design skills, and your work will impact much of the final product experience. You will work closely with a talented cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, researchers and writers. You will be pivotal in defining how we approach defining a personalized experience within the product design team, as well as contributing to core features throughout the product.
• Identify creative, user-centered ways to provide customers with an individualized experience that speaks to their taste and connects them to the content they'll love.
• Deliver appropriate design artifacts spanning all project phases, from concept development and design to production and documentation (e.g., evaluations, task flows, user scenarios, information architecture, interaction models, wireframes, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, specs and guidelines).
• Develop, present, and advocate for your work.
• Collaborate with product managers, researchers, writers and engineers, as well as other design team colleagues.
• Use research to inform design and collaborate with team members to understand and interpret stakeholder feedback.
• Contribute to high-level strategic decisions alongside the product and executive teams.
• Convert ambiguity and opportunity into design solutions.
• Help strike a balance between user goals and business needs to craft win-win experiences for our customers and our business.
• Contribute to creating a fun and supportive culture that allows us to make career-defining user experiences.
• 5+ years' experience as in a product design role
• Experience leading complex projects within a cross-functional team for at least 1-2 years
• Experience designing for personalized, data-driven experiences, and a desire to materially impact the models driving those experiences.
• BA/BS degree in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field is a bonus but not a requirement
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design skills, as well as a laser focus on user needs and considerations
• Experience designing cohesive cross-platform experiences including mobile, connected TV, and web
• Proven ability to create detailed, comprehensive and attractive design artifacts, from user flows to wireframes, mockups to interactive prototypes
• A holistic approach to problem solving that results in elegantly simple solutions to complex challenges
• Demonstrable understanding and application of core design skills including composition, typography and color theory
• Evidence of strong design systems thinking that connects individual features to the overall product experience
• Ability to synthesize ideas and feedback from various sources including stakeholders, end users and product design colleagues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills
• Experience with current product design best practices including Agile Development and Lean UX
• Expertise with industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Principle, Adobe CC, Confluence, Jira, Airtable, Miro, and others.
• An energetic, positive, self-starter attitude
• A willingness to and desire to mentor more junior design colleagues
• A passion for movies, television and social media, as well as a desire to stay on top of industry trends
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands