About This Opportunity
The Senior Finance Director will form part of the local FP&A Team consisting of a talented team of individuals who support the best global (HBO, Turner, WBR) & local (TVN, Player, TVN24) brands' #1 position in the market.
The team is part of the local Polish WBD Organization operating under the General Manager for Poland and the local CFO, as well as being a part of the broader WBD (Warner Bros. Discovery) EMEA finance team. The position will report directly to the VP FP&A WBD Poland.
• Act as Finance Business Partner for the Management Board and various stakeholders from the business, with a focus on Digital (DTC, AVOD, e-commerce); ability to identify and deliver recommendations in key commercial business areas eg : ad sales, distribution, revenue, programming, marketing or technology including pricing, investment and cost efficiency decisions
• Provide finance support for commercial deals and M&A
• Provide ongoing support in building scale and profitability for new and ongoing projects. Ready to support as a PMO for strategic projects implemented by the organization
• Work as part of a matrix structure to manage the processes of financial analysis /financial modelling, as well as short- medium- and long-term financial planning. Being data-driven ambassador promoting BI technologies is A MUST
• Skillful performance of analysis and preparation of strategic, macroeconomic, market and industry reports both for Poland and at the regional level
• Monitor risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively recommend solutions
• Supervision and coordination of reporting cycles (budget, forecasts, long-term planning, new projects) in particular in the DTC area. Day-to-day business overview with focus on budget control and management reporting
• Acting as PMO for various strategic projects
• Coordinating the workload within the team to deliver products supporting decisions of the Management Board, eg : building and assessing commercial strategies, pricing strategies, assessing the profitability of implemented product and marketing strategies
• Demonstrating strong communication skills with a focus on co-operation; developing, managing and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders in the organization. Effective and harmonious cooperation with regional and central teams both within finance (EMEA structures, Centre of Excellence) and the wider business ( e.g. Marketing, Programming)
• Coordination and support of the development of the BI/DWH system to support budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning as well as BI applications, in particular the automation of processes and reports and long-term financial planning
• Extensive proven experience in the area of financial analysis or planning, significant experience in the media or DTC industries is preferred
• Professional certification in finance and management, for example: Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA - CIMA) will be an asset
• Self-driven, independent leader, with strong decision-making abilities and a results-oriented mindset and with a drive to achieve
objectives, taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery
• Great project management skills with proven track record will be an asset
• Ability to work in a fast-paced matrixed environment with flexibility to adjust to multiple demands and rapid change
• Strong ability to interact professionally at all levels (incl. top management) internally and externally
• Consultancy experience will be appreciated
• Knowledge of IT tools in the area of data warehousing; BI/AI/ML tools related to processing large volumes of data will be an asset
• Fluent knowledge of English, both written and verbal (C1-Advanced level)
• ''Strategic approach'' enabling strategic business oversight
• ''Jumper'' ability to work in any process/business within hours
• ''Problem hunter'' skill that allows solving any business challenge
• ''Data-driven'' decisions and actions based on facts and not opinions
• ''Flexibility'' ability to work at any project level i.e.
operational, tactical or strategical
• ''Results-oriented'' perform activities that fully solve business problems
• ''Fearless'' takes hard decisions to drive positive business impact
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2qvq-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.