Build the future of Streaming Media at a global scale with us! As the Director of the Purchase & Identity team for WarnerMedia's flagship OTT streaming platform, HBOMax, you will provide leadership, technical guidance, advice, support, and mentoring to a team of world class engineers that build, operate, and protect large scale systems for managing authentication, authorization, tokens management, accounts, profiles, user settings, entitlements, as well as billing, commerce and customer subscriptions. You will use data and your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You'll help us scale and grow our HBOMax platform to delight and serve a global audience, and you'll offer expert design planning focusing on platform, client, tooling, and process development to support and enable future-focused architecture solutions. You will be an evangelist for repeatable processes and automation to safeguard our customer experience as well as increase efficiency of our applications and team. As the Director of the Purchase & Identity team, you will work across Engineering, Product, and Program to ensure the delivery of high-quality services and video platform systems deployed globally. You will own and drive the technical strategy and roadmap for your teams and provide leadership that creates an environment of innovation, ownership, delivering with quality, as well as fostering a culture of inclusion and knowledge sharing. Passion for learning, collaboration and fun is a must!
• Lead, guide, and grow an amazing team of engineers that design, build, implement, and manage the consumer experience engineering platforms that power authentication, authorization, tokens management, accounts, profiles, user settings, entitlements, as well as billing, commerce and customer subscriptions for WarnerMedia's flagship OTT streaming platform, HBO Max
• Partner with Product and Program counterparts to scope, plan and estimate new feature work and platform investment initiatives. Collaborate with your leads to identify appropriate system architecture, features, solutions, timelines and budgets for new projects
• Craft, own, and manage engineering roadmap and strategy for your teams
• Architect and create resilient and scalable systems with an eye towards reducing mean time to recovery in failure scenarios, bringing the best streaming experience to our customers all while ensuring key product feature goals are accomplished
• Design and build security into our systems and infrastructure to avert disruption and maintain uptime
• Hire, inspire, and lead multiple high-performing engineering teams. Develop and execute product roadmaps with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and operations and technology leadership that maximizes opportunities to improve business processes, develop a best-in-class product and produce results.
• Lead and champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code, influencing not only our team, but also our client development and API engineering teams
• Review and evaluate emerging technologies and influence our technology stack, strategic approach, and engineering roadmap
• Provide technical leadership to fellow technical leaders and developers in a cross-functional way to engage and deliver on both project and enterprise level initiatives
• Work with QA teams to ensure applications are properly tested prior to being released
• 12+ years experience in software engineering with demonstrated experience building and operating large-scale, distributed, highly available applications in a team-based setting
• 7+ years experience as a people manager in a product development or software development organization and operations
• 6+ years of experience designing, delivering and operating in a cloud environment with broad exposure to AWS architecture, networking and cloud security practices
• Hands-on experience leading a software development organization with operational excellence
• Demonstrated leadership with development teams that provided expert level knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture across the full project life cycle
• Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex distributed applications, technologies, and business concepts
• Ability to think strategically and design accordingly in a future-forward landscape
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to present various topics along with writing proposals and guidance documents for both the developer audience and technical leadership
• Demonstrated proactive skills, mindset and approach that always puts the customer's experience first
• Experience recruiting and building diverse engineering teams, leading by example, promoting a positive & inclusive culture, and fostering trust & transparency
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement.
• Expert level software development experience writing large, distributed applications/services in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang or Java
• Experience in monitoring and telemetry: Telegraf, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Prometheus
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates, particularly in client/server transactions with a keen knowledge of HTTP, DNS, REST, etc.
• Experience leading teams that create automated tests as part of the development lifecycle. Passion for test driven development.
• Knowledge of Kanban and Scrum Agile Methodologies for software development
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv15w7-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.