WarnerMedia have created a new Data Insights and Operations (DIO) group within HBOMAX Direct-To-Consumer Organization to make the streaming products more data-driven. This team is looking to hire a Sr. Data Engineer who will be working closely with team of highly skilled data engineers to build a state-of-the-art data platform to solve various data-driven use cases across the organization. This platform will host various data products such as but not limited to, Subscription, Content, and Product Analytics, Personalization and Recommendation, Marketing & Ad-Sales enablement. You will be charged with building and maintaining various marketing focused data pipelines - handles both streaming and batch data processing. You will be helping data engineers, analysts, and scientists perform their functions by building highly scalable capabilities across the platform.
This individual will bring in their expertise in a wide variety of big data processing frameworks (both open source and proprietary), large scale database systems (OLAP and OLTP), stream data processing, API Development, Machine learning operationalization, and cloud automation to build and support all the data needs across HBOMAX platform.
• Design and develop the data platform to efficiently and cost effectively address various data needs across the business.
• Build software across our entire cutting-edge data platform, including event driven and batch data processing, storage, and serving through various data integration techniques such as APIs, Lambda, File Feeds etc.
• Develop and maintain data integrations includes but not limited to direct digital marketing, social channels etc.
• Ingest, process massive campaign datasets to analyze the campaign performance.
• Change how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
• Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient, and reliable and then work across our team to put your ideas into action.
• Help us stay ahead of the curve by working closely with data architects, stream processing specialists, API developers, our DevOps team, and analysts to design systems which can scale elastically in ways which make other groups jealous
• Work closely with data analysts and business stake holders to make data easily accessible and understandable to them.
• Ensure data quality by implementing re-usable data quality frameworks.
• Work closely with various other data engineering teams to roll out new capabilities.
• Work closely with AI/ML team to operationalize and utilize models for business needs.
• Develop and enforce data engineering, security, data quality standards through automation.
• Participate in supporting the platform 24X7.
• Be passionate about growing team - hire and mentor engineers and analysts.
• Be responsible for cloud cost and improving efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Similar discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering
• 2+ years of experience in data engineering.
• Go above and beyond attitude.
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure, agile environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn any new technologies and apply them at work in order to stay ahead of the curve.
• Expertise in at least few programming languages - Java, Scala, Python or similar.
• Expertise in building and managing large volume data processing (both streaming and batch) platform is a must.
• Expertise in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift.
• Expertise in SQL, Spark SQL, Hive etc.
• Expertise in stream processing systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, Pulsar or Similar
• Expertise in building micro services and managing containerized deployments, preferably using Kubernetes
• Expertise in distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Flink or Similar.
• No-SQL (Apache Cassandra, DynamoDB or similar) is a huge plus
• Experience in operationalizing and scaling machine models is a huge plus.
• Experience with variety of data Tools & frameworks (example: Apache Airflow, Druid) will be a huge plus.
• Experience with Analytics Tools such as Looker, Tableau is preferred.
• Cloud (AWS) experience is preferred
• Ability to learn and teach new languages and frameworks.
• Excellent data analytical skills
• Direct to consumer digital business experience preferred
• Digital Advertising Tech experience will be a huge plus
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r117j0-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.