The Warner Media Technology Operations' Data Services leads and owns the enterprise data analytics platforms, strategy, and insights delivery in Tableau and other BI platforms for users across Warner Media's Warner Bros, HBO Max, HBO, CNN, Turners, TNT, DC, Xandr, Fullscreen, Ellen and TMZ brands.
As a Senior BI Data Developer, you will serve as a key liaison with business clients to support their reporting and analytic needs. You will require hands-on experience working in large scale business intelligence and data platforms. You will be working with business clients to gather requirements, prototype, architect, test, and deliver high quality Business Intelligence solutions. You will be executing test plans, performing quality reviews, supporting operations in an agile environment. This role from the Business Intelligence team is focused on enabling data-driven decision making and providing actionable insights to our business and executives across WM.
You instill confidence in the solutions you deliver and ensure that the insights provided are accurate, reliable, and easy to digest at all levels. You will work directly with the Data Engineering Team to deliver holistic solutions against our Data Cloud and Big Data Platforms.
It's essential the Developer has passion for data and can continuously understand and anticipate the growing business needs, identify areas to where complexity can be reduced, proactively introduce new ideas that help improve process efficiency and leverage data to improve effectiveness across our platforms and business units.
The successful candidate is an innovative individual who can see beyond the obvious, think broadly and looks for opportunities to collaborate with the Business units and internal WM Technology Team members.
BUSINESS ENABLEMENT – Work with business users from all levels to elaborate and document business requirements, priorities. Define key performance indicators (KPI), and deliver BI solutions. Participate in project estimation process with cost-benefit analysis. Partner with the Data Engineering Team for developing and delivering solutions. Work with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS – Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources. Maintain the data asset catalog. Work with ETL development team to develop, understand and interpret logical and physical data models. Design security and access restriction for the database and Business Intelligence environment and manage upgrades and maintenance as needed.
PRODUCTION SUPPORTS and VENDOR MANAGEMENT - Coordinate with the business users during project implementations and continue to function as a key point of contact for future analytics and data questions and issues.
Oversee the ongoing development and operations of the business intelligence applications.
Oversee and monitor work of 3rd party support organization, provide technical review and direction to developers. Ensure business users questions and issues are resolved in a timely fashion. Conduct audits with data warehouse to ensure accuracy of information. Keep management, project managers, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, project status and system status.
APPLY AND SET STANDARD – Recommend and enforce Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence standards, best practices and architecture for enterprise data warehouse, data marts and analytical applications systems. Lead knowledge management and coordinate the development of necessary project documentation.
Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI systems. Apply your learnings to what you build.
Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback.
TRAINING - Develop training materials. Educate and train users, including executives, to transform data into action oriented information and help others be successful stewards of our tools. Enable everyone at Warner Bros. to be an analyst through the Self Service BI model.
• 6+ years of relevant experience:
• Delivering business intelligence solutions
• In-depth knowledge of the Media & Entertainment industry and multiple business functional areas is a plus.
• Working with large scale Enterprise Data Warehouse such as Teradata, Redshift, Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
• Demonstrable skills building business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions
• Working in an Agile development environment
• Research product and technical data in order to recommend products, technologies, and processes for ongoing projects
• Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing Analytics etc.)
• 3-4 years of relevant experience querying, visualizing, and presenting data;
• Prior experience at a major technology company or consulting firm is a big plus
• Advanced skills in SQL
• Advanced skills in BI tools such as Tableau and Looker
• Advanced skills in Snowflake, Teradata, and/or Oracle
• Robust experience using R/Python in data-focused full stack environments (from data wrangling, to analysis, to visualizations)
• Demonstrable skills building responsive data visualizations
• An expert who can tell a story with data
• Ability to work with multiple and disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
• Must be independent
• Must be curious
• Must work well under time constraints
• Must handle multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Must communicate effectively
• Must maintain confidentiality
• Experience in the digital media and entertainment strongly preferred
• Ability to work independently and problem solve with little to no direction
• Willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to teach and train effectively
• Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxwk2-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.