Sr. Manager, Marketing - Content Merchandising
Temporary Manager, Research-HBO Max
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The HBO Max Research team aims to be trusted partners for our unique businesses through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help make strategic business objectives and decisions.
The team is looking for a research manager for 12 weeks that will work closely with stakeholders to deliver insights to the business. In addition, he/she will help implement research addressing brand, growth and market strategies. This person will report to the Vice President, HBO Max research.
We're looking for a strategic and critical thinker who is passionate about connecting the dots to bring a holistic perspective to the business. The ideal person is a nimble, go-getter who is deeply curious, collaborative, exceptionally organized and proactive.
• Work cross functionally with internal/external stakeholders in a highly matrix organization to understand needs and challenges. Our team works with different departments such as content strategy, marketing, market strategy, partnerships and product.
• Develop data/research solutions to address business questions, identity opportunities, and inform or guide strategy.
• Design and implement quant/qual projects from design to presentation (includes questionnaire/screener development, programming, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of research studies).
• Write research briefs and plans to align stakeholders on objectives, questions, design, and timing.
• Write RFPs, review proposals, and coordinate research projects with external partners.
• May require pulling 1st party data for analysis.
• Synthesize findings across multiple research and data sources to deliver insights to the business.
• Collaborate with research vendors while ensuring adherence to best practices, timelines, and deliverables.
• 5+ years of primary research experience including both qualitative and quantitative
• Experience at a direct to consumer/SVOD/AVOD or research company
• Bachelor's Degree required. Strong knowledge of the media industry.
• Must understand a variety of market research methodologies and their applications.
• Experience executing studies using some of the following: max/diff, TURF, conjoint analysis, interviews, focus groups
• Analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down data/information into meaningful findings and developing recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
• The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions.
• Deep understanding of how to translate the consumer's voice from a variety of inputs including quantitative and qualitative research into actionable insights for different internal audiences.
• Strong storytelling skills with the ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in verbal, visual, and written formats to executives/senior management
• Strong design and presentation skills
• Exceptional relationship building and collaboration skills
• Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires
• Proficient in programming and data analysis softwares (e.g. Qualtrics, SPSS, Q Research)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• A passion for television shows and movies
Nice to Haves
• Statistical knowledge and experience
• Experience with coding (SQL) and marketing analytic tools (experimentation frameworks, attribution models, measuring incrementality)
• Graduate degree