HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. The platform launched in the United States in May 2020 and introduced a lower priced, advertising-supported tier in June 2021. HBO Max began its global rollout launching in markets across Latin America and the Caribbean last summer, followed by its first European launches in the Nordics and Spain in the fall. Currently available in 46 countries, there are plans for continued expansion of HBO Max in 2022.
Program Manager II
This person will join the Financial & Vendor Operations (FVO) practice that supports the DTC Technology organization in day-to-day business operations, develop a deep understanding of the business processes supported by the practice, as well as the underlying data architecture and cross-organizational relationships that support them. This person will uphold a two-pillar responsibility: Ongoing operational excellence in running and maintaining a smooth rhythm of the business in the existing processes, and developing and executing targeted change initiatives to build efficiencies, reduce error and improve scalability of the processes and data architecture to support the growing global organization.
This person will work with the Manager of FVO on larger initiatives and independently plan and deliver small- to midsize initiatives and deliverables.
• Act as Financial Business Unit champion; utilize our existing portfolio systems to support quarterly capitalization forecasts and actuals with Finance and Capital Accounting.
• Support financial data reconciliation and review against forecast using our data sources, and support new forecasts and scenario reporting as needed.
• Evolve our financial portfolio data to support new and expanded projects, offices, technology directions and strategic objectives. Define new schemas as needed within our data sets to obtain additional visibility.
• Investigate and develop integrated reports using company-wide data sources to enrich existing or derive additional business insights such as forecasting, build/buy analysis, and resource planning.
• Develop automated collecting of regular data from the organization on software development time and effort tracking to reduce burden on the organization while maintaining accuracy.
• Develop automated auditing across our data sources to increase accuracy and reduce burden on the organization.
• Develop just-in-time, configurable, or self-service reporting solutions that increase visibility to key business data while decreasing time and effort expense to generate them.
• Evolve our financial, workforce, and other data sources through schema changes, integrations or record enrichment from other data sources.
• Ensure our data sources are compliant with security, legal and other audit requirements.
• Evolve data practices for our sources and reports that increase uptime and reduce errors cycle over cycle.
• Cross-train with your team members to provide key coverage on critical business processes.
• Stay on top of good practices organization-wide through participation in working groups and retrospectives.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or business-related discipline such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Technology Business Management, or Finance/Accounting.
• 3+ years of experience in improving processes, data sets or reporting within business operations or technology
• PMP certification (already have or must earn within first year on the job)
• Familiarity with a variety of techniques for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) of tabular data across formats.
• Able to wield a variety of tabular and graphical data visualization techniques to quickly and accurately convey data with key context to stakeholders
• Able to analyze complex business processes, apply systems thinking and implement changes to improve processes while minimizing organizational churn
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team
• Able to translate business requirements into specifications for new or improved business processes or data products
• Able to foster a collaborative environment when engaging business stakeholders from different disciplines and backgrounds
• Able to clearly, concisely, and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
• Able to deliver clear instructions to teams about complex procedures and processes
• Able to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals
The Nice To Haves
• Masters' degree in an engineering or business-related discipline such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Technology Business Management, or Finance/Accounting.
• Knowledge of popular data science packages such as Pandas
• Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Entertainment or media industry experience
• Familiar with collaboration tools like Jira and Confluence
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv39vm-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.