Sr. Litigation Paralegal
HBO is the world's premiere premium entertainment service, bringing groundbreaking and award-winning programming such as GAME OF THRONES, EUPHORIA, BALLERS, BIG LITTLE LIES, INSECURE and VEEP to 150 million subscribers across the globe. We seek an experienced attorney to handle production legal matters for HBO's film, miniseries and series projects in a dynamic environment.
Individuals in this role oversee day-to-day legal aspects of HBO's domestically and internationally produced original programming productions (series, mini-series, limited series and films) during pre-production, production and post-production.
• drafting, negotiating and finalizing talent agreements (writers, directors, actors and producers);
• drafting, negotiating and finalizing time-sensitive production-related agreements, including nudity/simulated sex riders, location agreements, aerial/drone activity agreements, equipment rental agreements, vehicle agreements, catering agreements, lease agreements, parking/holding agreements, props agreements, costume agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, artwork releases, clip licenses, post-wrap sales and donation agreements, and actor release agreements;
• updating production legal guidelines for HBO's production manual;
• creating new production-related template agreements, and structuring and negotiating third party content overall and template agreements as well as template agreements with repeat vendors;
• collaborating with production, finance and risk management on tax incentives, compliance, claims and insurance coverage; and
• communicating with the Project Attorney and counseling various HBO departments and the production team.
• J.D. degree, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a dynamic motion picture/television/entertainment production legal environment.
• Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational and time-management skills in order to manage multiple projects.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills are essential.
• Comprehensive experience with cloud-based document and database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Office software.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx333z-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.