Manager DTC Strategy
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Production Payroll Accountant for the HBO General Inc.-West Coast Finance department.
• Facilitate the west coast talent payment process by processing incoming payroll requests through A/P and an outside payroll company.
• Responsible for processing union and non-union payroll for development projects, overall deals, assistants,( casting) and various in-house confidential production payments.
• Acts as a liaison between an outside payroll company, business affairs payment clerks, NY A/P & disbursing teams and all other west coast groups to ensure payments are processed accurately and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Accountable and responsible for understanding tax and guild related issues as they pertain to payroll; answering pertinent questions and problem-solving in compliance with tax and guild laws.
• Work closely with the production finance group as the main contact for any production related emergency cash needs.
• Provide support for system upgrades and process improvements as they relate to payroll.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred.
• Minimum of 1-2 years' payroll experience; entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of union contracts strongly preferred.
• Basic understanding of pension rates and proper calculations for unions (WGA, DGA, SAG, AFTRA).
• Excellent time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications with a focus on Excel and MS Word.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d227m7-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.