Product Manager - Product Innovation
Culver City, CA
Product Manager II - Product Innovation (HBO Max)
As the Product Manager – Product Innovation, you will take the lead on shaping some of the big bets being considered for the future of the product experience for HBO Max. You will work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Design, Research, Strategy, and strategic partners throughout the WarnerMedia and AT&T organization. You will play an integral role in research and ideation, shaping concepts from the early stages, prototyping and experimentation, and bringing innovative experiences to market.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who can operate with some degree of autonomy in areas of high ambiguity and will be comfortable and adept at creating or leveraging strategic frameworks to guide product decisions. They will be expected to have good product intuition stemming from previous product experience and a broad understanding of the media/entertainment industry, the HBO Max service, and most importantly, our users. Written, visual, and verbal storytelling will be a superpower that will be leveraged often to drive alignment and buy-in from stakeholders and executives. Experience in AI/ML-driven products, natural language processing (NLP) and voice interfaces, and/or frame-level metadata is a huge plus, but a deep technical understanding of these systems and technologies is not required.
• Manages and ensures the execution of new product initiatives from conception through delivery, including gathering requirements, writing user stories, gaining stakeholder approvals and working with engineering teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood.
• Create various forms of product documentation including product requirements and user stories, to clearly define product capabilities and drive alignment among stakeholders.
• Work closely with Product Development and Design partners on requirements and wireframes/design development.
• Define and maintain the product backlog and roadmap within assigned areas, working with Product Development to prioritize and scope development work.
• Work with peers in Product Experience to ensure alignment with general product requirements and integration into unified roadmap.
• Clearly communicate the roadmap for assigned areas at all levels, including specific functionality offered at any given time point, to ensure alignment and buy in with product strategy and plans.
• Research and analyze emerging trends in the marketplace and keep abreast of the competition to drive potential product requirements.
• Understand and communicate consumer behavior for products and features to various stakeholders.
• Utilize research- and data-driven decision making to prioritize product backlog.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• 2+ years of experience in product management.
• Experience using research, analytics and data to inform product and business decisions, test hypotheses, and measure success.
• Experience working with a range of cross-functional teams and leading without formal authority.
• Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills. Experience with executive communication and presentation a plus.
• Dedicated and fast-moving. You're known to operate with passion, urgency, and discipline.
• Comfortable and experienced with synthesizing information for consumption by audiences at any level.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
Nice To Haves
• Tons of passion and enthusiasm for the media/entertainment industry.
• Insatiable curiosity and love of learning that feeds and sharpens product intuition.
• Great narrative-forming and storytelling abilities.
• Thrives in a team that is highly collaborative and believes in ownership, candor, empowerment, and embracing failure to move fast and learn.
• Experience working on products that leverage AI/ML, natural language processing (NLP) and voice interfaces, and/or frame-level metadata.