New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Product Manager I for the Prod Mgmt – HBO Max department.
The Associate Product Manager for HBO Max AVOD will help define product requirements for the front end advertising experience and how it manifests within the overall product experience. You will have a specific focus on reimagining the traditional ad experience as seen across most ad supported. You will focus on building strong partnerships across internal and external stakeholders to execute against these requirements and assist in building an ad experience roadmap. Collaboration
across other product managers, UX designers, engineering, research, strategy and ad sales will be critical to providing an improved ad supported experience for both streamers and advertisers.
• Reimagine the traditional ad-supported streaming experience - assist with innovation and creation of delightful ad formats for both consumers and advertisers that work within the overall core product experience
• Assist in managing the roadmap for innovative advertising experiences we can create within the product, both near and long-term
• Document the requirements for each ad experience, and understand product release plans that set expectations for delivery of new functionalities - evaluate feasibility and adjust where needed.
• Work with peers in Product Experience to ensure alignment with general product requirements and integration into unified roadmap
• Partner tightly with UX/UI teams on requirements and wireframes/design development
• Clearly communicate specific ad experience functionality to ensure all understand what a feature means and what the consumer will see
• Help monitor key performance indicators to inform recommendations based on data & improve the product
• Research and analyze emerging trends in the marketplace and keep abreast of the competition to drive product requirements
• Understand consumer behavior for products and features
• Utilize data-driven decision making for prioritizing product feature backlog
• Develop strong relationships among working teams
• Up to 2 years experience in digital product management or related experience at an entertainment media company, direct to consumer (DTC) company and/or over-the-top ''OTT'' service
• Up to 2 years experience in creative advertising and/or marketing
• Experience in streaming video products
• Knowledge of digital ad insertion & the analytics and technical capabilities needed to serve ads and report out on viewership
• Experience writing product requirements and ability to execute upon those requirements with development teams
• Ability to understand how architecture implementation can affect the outcome of the consumer experience
• Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) strongly preferred
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Must be self-motivated and accountable
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on complex projects
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs
• Ability to use critical thinking, strategy, and a consumer-driven lens to address market opportunities with creative solutions and establish a strategic product roadmap.
• Have the drive to continually enhance knowledge of systems, products, and industry.
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology
• Possesses understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the digital advertising space and is a champion for the consumer
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Capable of being a doer and longer-term strategic thinker
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes
• Comfortable in a small, lean team that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output