Lead Product Designer
As Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorm sessions to final pixel tweaks. You will utilize a full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and contribute to much of the final product experience. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, prototypers, product managers, engineers, researchers and writers.
This role is primarily focused on designing the HBO Max advertising, and video player experience, connecting content and advertisement to deliver a relevant and engaging consumer experience.
• Deliver appropriate design artifacts spanning all project phases, from concept development and design to production and documentation (e.g., evaluations, task flows, user scenarios, information architecture, interaction models, wireframes, low and high-fidelity prototypes, specs and guidelines).
• Develop, present, and advocate for your work.
• Collaborate with product managers, researchers, writers and engineers, as well as other design team colleagues in a dynamic environment and across distributed teams.
• Participate in and utilize user research insights to inform design decisions and collaborate with team members to understand and interpret stakeholder feedback.
• Convert ambiguity and opportunity into design solutions.
• Contribute to creating a fun and supportive culture that allows us to make career defining user experiences.
• 3+ years' experience as a product designer
• Experience contributing to complex projects for at least one year
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design skills, as well as a laser focus on user needs and considerations
• Experience designing cohesive cross-platform experiences including mobile, connected TV, and web
• Proven ability to create detailed, comprehensive and impactful design artifacts, from user flows to wireframes, mockups to interactive prototypes
• A holistic approach to problem solving that results in elegantly simple solutions to complex challenges
• Demonstrable understanding and application of core design skills including composition, typography and color theory
• Evidence of strong design systems thinking that connects individual features to the overall product experience
• Ability to synthesize ideas and feedback from various sources including stakeholders, end users and product design colleagues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills
• Experience with current product design best practices including Agile Development and Lean UX
• Expertise with industry-standard design tools including Figma, Principle, Photoshop, Miro, etc.
• An energetic, positive, self-starter attitude