Sr. Product Manager - Personalization & Discovery
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
We power the most critical HBO Max user experience - watching video - across all mobile, desktop, and connected devices. As the Senior Manager for Video Processing, your team own and develop the core services for processing videos delivered to millions of users for HBO Max.
As a Principal Engineer for WarnerMedia's video processing team, you will lead the technical agenda for the team that build and support the server-side components for our HBO Max streaming video application. You will own server-side video processing, including video packaging, video profile selection and video standards and specifications.
• Define the technical agenda for the Video Processing team and the critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
• Work across teams and disciplines to explore technical solutions and evaluate technical tradeoffs, using the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities.
• Improve your team's software development, test, and operations practices.
• Mentor engineers on your team in technical development.
• Possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Have 8+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
• Experience in video technologies (e.g. video transcoding, packaging, DRM)
• Deliver scalable engineering designs for processing millions of encoding processes
• Have experience developing services for video streaming or similar technology
The Nice to Haves
• Experience managing a team
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.