Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Presentation Designer for the HBO General Inc.-Design & Production department. Seeking a talented, proven graphic designer with experience in branding/presentation design. As part of Design + Production, you will enjoy an engaging, fast-paced environment with opportunities to create beautiful and engaging design. The Designer is required to execute final designs and presentations for completion of projects, as needed, as well as image re-sizes. They assist in the creative process while meeting multiple deadlines. This designer must be proactive and have strong communication skills, and be adept at articulating the thinking behind their aesthetic and design decisions to get internal buy-in. They are confident in their instincts and experimental with their work, yet able to filter through feedback to recognize constructive criticism.
• Act as technical and creative production lead for art directors.
• Have a strong understanding of grid use, typography and hierarchy of information.
• Partner with art directors to drive the quality of design solutions for our business partners.
• Create presentations or layouts using the latest software.
• Check digital specs and prepare all necessary files for final release.
• Be accountable in every area: adherence to project timelines, account team support and service, and collaboration among all team members.
• Take initiative and prioritize tasks; have excellent time management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Take direction from the SVP, VP, art director and all assigned stakeholders while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Partner with print buyers and production to adhere to standards in color quality, preflight process; inspect and approve printer proofs, and select or recommend paper stocks.
• Participate in the creative/direction process with the SVP, VP and art director.
• Through their managers, gain understanding of business partners' strategies and objectives.
• Stay abreast of current technology and design trends in the visual communication industry.
• College graphic design degree with 5–7 years' design or agency experience
• Proficient in latest Mac software: CS Suite (expert level in the following order: InDesign, Keynote/PPT, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Being self-sufficient through troubleshooting
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to do research and read/comprehend all job specs
• Impressive portfolio
• Ability to successfully manage time, workflow and schedule
• Understanding how to best resize artwork to different specifications
• Understanding how to use or create templates in an efficient manner
• Strong typography skills
• Excellent verbal/written communications skills
• Clear understanding of meeting project deadlines
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Bonus: HTML & Google Workspace (G Suite) knowledge
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rookm1-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.