Director, Editorial Strategy
Culver City, CA
HBO Max seeks a Paid Social Manager for the Acquisition Growth Marketing - HBO Max department.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. You will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer. You must be a ''doer'' who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. You will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes. This is a small, lean team, and as such, candidate will need to be able to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output. This role will be responsible for growing and optimizing digital marketing and customer acquisition programs to drive new subscriber growth across WarnerMedia's HBO Max Streaming Platform.
• Strong understanding in Paid Social is a must. Candidate must have experience with campaign strategies and driving in-platform execution across all Paid Social partners (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, and more)
• Analyze performance to make optimization recommendations of campaigns and ideate test strategies to inform future decisions.
• Leverage owned and earned data to build and report on custom audiences and LALs effectively
• Understand a unified media strategy across all paid media channels and how to strategically evaluate paid social in the media mix
• Partner with the data intelligence team to develop dashboards to measure campaign success
• Support the delivery of management reporting materials, reports and presentations
• Partner with media operations and finance to manage platform budgets and marketing spend
• Work closely with retention, engagement, organic social, editorial and partner marketing teams to ensure alignment of campaigns
• Collaborate with product, development, design and content to articulate product positioning, features and benefits
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
• 3+ years' experience developing and driving the social strategy of complex digitally focused acquisition marketing campaigns ideally for a direct-to-consumer product
• Strong understanding of self-serve platforms, API technology and in-platform reporting tools: Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Pinterest Analytics, Snap Business Manager, TikTok Business Center, Twitter Analytics, Reddit Ads
• Ability to build customer segmentation and analyze and interpret data to inform actionable insights to recommend & inform marketing growth campaigns.
• Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with all levels, exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills are a must
• Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and campaign management
• Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically