Manager, Editorial Analysis
Who are we?
At WarnerMedia, we recognize the power of our iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands to tell compelling stories that matter across the globe. We believe in authentic, meaningful connection-to each other, our culture and to our consumer. We believe diversity of voices, perspectives and experience is critical to our business, our content, and our spirit of innovation. When you work here, you're joining a passionate team, where empowered creative talent and partners are given the freedom, support, and opportunity for lasting cultural impact. We believe the future of media is ours to define. Shape your story here.
As part of this team, we will be building HBO Max and releasing it globally. HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies, and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Our values and the way we work:
• We act courageously – we're bold, candid and kind, and stand up for what is right
• We focus on the future, we face forwards and equip ourselves to compete and succeed in the future, while learning and celebrating our heritage
• We succeed together – we create more opportunities and achieve higher performance when we are inclusive and collaborate as one company
• We are agile – we're decisive, empower others, thrive within ambiguity, chance, and move fast when needed
• We create connection – We inspire passion and pride in our work and make an impact
We aim high – we set ambitious goals and hold everyone, especially ourselves, accountable for our best performance
What is this role all about?
As The Architect of Networking Engineering for HBO Max, you will be responsible for leading, designing and implementing the overall architecture of the networking layer of a distributed hardware installation across the world serving the needs of HBO Max's internal systems. You are responsible for using visionary skills to explore innovation, architecture, strategic plan and to execute operational automation that align with the strategic goals and vision of the business as well as direction of the long term international operational strategy. You will be working with the executive leadership of WarnerMedia to ensure the architecture and roadmap, aligns with the business and strategic objectives of our business (US, APAC, EMEA and LATAM)
What will I be doing?
• Work with HBO Engineering Leadership to design, build and own networking infrastructure for HBO's distributed on premises hardware installations
• Help create a strategic management plan and execute on the ownership of HBO's AS and BGP routing relationships with both internal organisations and external partners
• Work with hardware engineering teams on design of physically installed hardware, networking setup and rack design /security requirements within proposed capital and expense budget limitations
• Contribute to the building of global growth plan of installations and help with usage and cost modelling
• Work directly with our partners to design and operate a global network (hardware installation, cross-connect, circuit installation)
• Provide technical leadership and culture building across different OTT Technology groups and collaborating across WarnerMedia Global to help develop shared patterns and resources
• Evaluate and recommend technologies, processes and tools to ensure high quality technical platform
• Work with executive stakeholders on architecture options, considering the strategic, budget, and product development trade-offs and impacts in architectural choices.
• Where applicable, provide information about the size of the organization managed, operating budget, revenue accountability, number of employees or other quantitative data pertinent to this position.
What will I need to be successful?
• Extensive experience in building and operating networking at an ASN/BGP level
• Expert level understanding of how global networking relationships with, including but not limited to network interconnects, ISPs, IXPs, and carrier neutral data centers.
• Expert technical background and experience, understand video streaming and/or cloud computing environments
• Expert level understanding at the operations and implementation of multi-vendor environments (Cisco, Arista)
• Expert level understanding of IP based routing, software defined networking, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, QoS, VXLAN
• Experience with team leadership, production support, consensus building across large organsations and execution of multiple simultaneous and/or large projects
• Strong level understanding in Cloud Architecture in one or more major cloud vendor (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Understanding of the traditional business models for media and broadcasting companies (SVOD, AVOD, TVE)
• Degree or alternate equivalent tertiary education in technology and management
Would be great if you also had:
• Desirable some industry specific certifications and training (e.g. Amazon, VMware, Microsoft, Artisa, Cisco, Linux RedHat)
• Prior experience providing operational management and support across wide geographical area(s)
• Experience developing best practices for production support and governance
• Experience overseeing operational management policies and procedures
• Experience monitoring supplier contracts, specifically tracking performance toward statements of work or service descriptions
What kind of person are we looking for?
• Self-motivated leader with forward-thinking visionary and entrepreneurial thinking to lead the change
• Be a Catalyst to bring people together for a common vision
• Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail
Here is some more about us!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93m5m-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.