Manager Software Engineering - HBO Max
WarnerMedia is looking for Software Engineering Manager to join our Shared Components team. This role will be responsible for helping prioritize the team's work, through agile principles, and demonstrating strong people leadership.
The Client Shared Components team is responsible for building reusable components in the form of NPM style libraries intended to be consumed by client platform teams building HBO MAX apps.
• Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with product management and customers
• Work together with product management to plan and execute releases, while ensuring teams have appropriate product and technical specifications and direction
• Implement and encourage good Agile Technical Practices
• Work with the team to de-risk technical dependencies in advance of execution
• Provide data which reflects the current state and progress of work
• Regularly meet with your direct reports to discuss their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as to provide guidance and coaching on their professional development
• Collaborate with HR and senior management on company initiatives
• Typical ratio for this role would be 6-12 reports
• You have 7+ years of software development experience
• You have 3+ years of people management and/or technical leadership
• You have owned the end-to-end process for product release
• You have hands-on experience agile software development frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and XP
• You have the ability to work as a hands-on technical leader when needed
• You have experience delivering a scope of technical deliverables within an agreed schedule
The Nice to Haves
• You have experience as a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnmknm-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.