Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The Content Personalization team for HBO Max directs customers to the content they are interested in at a very large scale by leveraging cutting-edge machine learning and cloud computing technologies. As part of the Personalization team, your role will include working with data science teams to create machine-learned models and building a framework to quickly bring those models and their subsequent iterations into production and use the insights to optimize the customer experience at a large scale. As the Engineering Manager of our Content Personalization team, you will work across Engineering, Product, and Program to ensure the delivery of high-quality services at a global scale. You'll lead the team, work with data science teams to create machine-learned models, and build a framework to quickly bring those models and their subsequent iterations into production and use the insights to optimize the customer experience at a large scale. You will own and drive the technical roadmap for your teams and provide leadership that creates an environment of innovation, ownership, delivering with quality, as well as fostering a culture of inclusion and knowledge sharing.
• Lead, guide, and grow an amazing team of engineers that design, build, implement, and manage the content personalization platforms that enable engaging experiences for HBO Max's global customers.
• Partner with Product and Program counterparts to define, scope, plan and estimate feature roadmap. Maintain a good balance between new feature work and platform investments.
• Collaborate with the team to identify appropriate system architecture, features, solutions, timelines and budgets for new projects.
• Define, create and maintain a health engineering team culture, operational model and uphold best practices.
• Hire, inspire, and lead a high-performing engineering team. Develop and execute product roadmaps with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and operations and technology leadership that maximizes opportunities to improve business processes, develop a best-in-class product and produce results. Measure features against success criteria.
• Effectively communicate complicated system architecture concepts and business value with stakeholders.
• Work with QA teams to ensure applications are released with high quality.
• Start to identify and define the team's vision and technical strategy.
• 7+ years experience in software engineering with demonstrated experience building and operating large-scale, distributed, highly available applications in a team-based setting
• 3+ years experience as a people manager in a product development or software development organization and operations
• 4+ years of experience designing, delivering and operating in a cloud environment with broad exposure to AWS architecture, networking and cloud security practices
• Hands-on experience leading a software development organization with operational excellence
• Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex distributed applications, technologies, and business concepts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to present various topics along with writing proposals and guidance documents for both the developer audience and technical leadership
• Demonstrated proactive skills, mindset and approach that always puts the customer's experience first
• Experience recruiting and building a diverse engineering team, leading by example, promoting a positive & inclusive culture, and fostering trust & transparency
• Understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement.
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems.
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in applying machine learning technologies in a production environment is a strong plus
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8k2m-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.