Director, Editorial Strategy
Culver City, CA
Marketing Manager (Programmatic) - HBO Max
The ideal candidate will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. You will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer.
You must be a ''doer'' who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. You will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes. This is a small, lean team, and as such, candidate will need to be able to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output. This role will be responsible for growing and optimizing digital marketing and customer acquisition programs to drive new subscriber growth across WarnerMedia's HBO Max Streaming Platform.
• Strong understanding of Programmatic Digital Media is a must. Candidate must have knowledgeable experience with programmatic media strategy, overseeing implementation and day-to-day optimizations.
• Execute and own campaigns running across various DSPs (inclusive of native advertising) and maximizing KPIs across targeting, inventory and audiences.
• Manage programmatic performance campaigns end-to-end , inclusive of planning, pacing, and reallocating budget to ensure campaign success for reporting.
• Support senior team members in defining audience strategies and tactics to improve scale or performance.
• Knowledge in building audience strategies using owned data and finding new opportunities to expand reach.
• Align with channel leads to develop a unified media strategy across paid social, direct partnerships, and paid search.
• Identify campaign opportunities by working with insights and research teams to develop and report out on A/B tests and experiments.
• Collaborate with the lifecycle team to identify and execute Paid opportunities that will improve engagement and retention.
• Plan and execute creative testing to improve campaign performance.
• Generate reporting for campaign presentations to provide insights to internal stakeholders.
• Keep internal teams educated on the evolution of programmatic technology, what's leading in the marketplace and what tech can be leveraged.
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
• 3-4 years experience developing and managing programmatic campaigns focused in acquisition marketing ideally for a direct to consumer product
• Entertainment industry experience, working in agency environment preferred
• Strong understanding of Programmatic Technology - DSPs, DMPs, Trading Desks, Ad Servers and Ad Verification tools (DCM, DV360, TradeDesk, Media Math, iAS, DV, LiveRamp, Krux)
• Deep knowledge of & mastery of programmatic and digital media planning and buying
• Experience with A/B testing and conversion lift experimentation
• Understanding of acquisition strategy and direct response campaigns
• Understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer base
• Ability to analyze and interpret data to inform actionable insights to recommend & inform marketing & growth campaigns.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills are a must
• Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and campaign management
• Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically