Sr Staff Software Engineer - Content Discovery Search
As a Technical Program Manager on the Accounts and Growth Partnerships team, you will collaborate with engineering and product teams to build a roadmap and long-term strategy for your team's domain. You will partner with Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPD) and entertainment partners, broadband and mobile operators, and cross functional teams to deliver authorization, bundle and payment capabilities.
• Organize and drive features that deliver partner bundle capabilities, and intuitive activation and onboarding experiences
• Guide development teams to deliver platform capabilities that are in line with roadmap and program goals / KPIs
• Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur
• Communicate how product-level goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams
• Create problem statements and move from those to appropriate and data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders
• Lead and inspire a team of Program Managers to deliver high priority features and platform capabilities
• 3+ years of experience as a Manager of staff
• 7+ years of experience as a Program Manager working across multiple technical projects.
• Ability to partner with external Technology partners to deliver subscriber onboarding capabilities with shared dependencies and workstreams.
• Ability to lead a team of Program Managers to define project scope, develop detailed project plans and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements.
• Ability to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
• Strong understanding and experience with development methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
• Ability to learn new development tools and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate complex technical solutions and features into intuitive business concepts.
• Strong business acumen that balances strategic initiatives and engineering needs.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience working with Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPD) partners, authorization systems offering Single Sign On (SSO) capabilities, direct carrier billing and Federated Identity Management (FIM).
• Media or entertainment industry experience is a plus.
• Proven track record delivering high priority projects, requiring trade-offs and negotiations with partners and stakeholders (i.e. Product, Engineering, Business, Finance, etc.)