Software Engineer, Partner Commerce
New York, NY
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
HBO Max is a multiplatform experience, where consumers can watch their favorite shows either at home or on the go. A large architecture of systems for curation, behavioral understanding and operational visibility supports the enormous content library available on HBO Max. Consistency of data submission across each platform is essential to properly understand business impacts and operational performance. To enable standardized experimentation and data collection, we are building out libraries that will unify the modelling, collection, formatting and submission of events to our data pipeline. You will lead a team for the cross organization effort for data consistency by architecting SDKs that unify multiple forms of data submission across all platforms available for HBO Max.
• Be a champion for client SDK interfaces to standardize data pipelines across all HBO Max devices.
• Collaborate with multiple departments, including Data Engineering, services, and customer facing clients to achieve uninterrupted data communication.
• Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department.
• Apply your technical acumen daily. You don't code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
• Collaborate with product owners, designers, sr engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
• Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
• Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
• Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
• Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate.
• Support the professional goals of the engineering team members and provide coaching ( develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-ones)
• Develop Team Cohesion – be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team's accomplishments.
• Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 7+ years of relevant experience
• Minimum 3 years managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical roles
• Experience architecting cross platform libraries or supporting multiple language libraries.
• Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
The Nice to Haves
• Experience building large-scale data mining systems, possibly involving real-world noisy data
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Have led the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interacted with multiple teams
• Have experience as a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices