Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Identity team works closely with product and design to present the best customer experiences for securely managing profiles, accounts, devices, and preferences. As the Engineering Manager of Identity team, you will work across Engineering, Product, and Program to ensure the delivery of high-quality services at a global scale. You'll lead the team to develop and enrich user facing feature sets, and build a solid framework to ensure customer data security and integrity at a large scale. You will own and drive the technical roadmap for your teams and provide leadership that creates an environment of innovation, ownership, delivering with quality, as well as fostering a culture of inclusion and knowledge sharing.
• Lead, guide, and grow an amazing team of engineers that design, build, implement, and manage Identity services that enable engaging experiences for HBO Max's global customers.
• Partner with Product and Program counterparts to define, scope, plan and estimate feature roadmap. Maintain a good balance between new feature work and platform investments.
• Collaborate with the team to identify appropriate system architecture, features, solutions, timelines and budgets for new projects.
• Define, create and maintain a healthy engineering team culture, operational model and uphold best practices.
• Hire, inspire, and lead a high-performing engineering team. Develop and execute product roadmaps with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and operations and technology leadership that maximizes opportunities to improve business processes, develop a best-in-class product and produce results. Measure features against success criteria.
• Effectively communicate complicated system architecture concepts and business value with stakeholders.
• Work with QA teams to ensure applications are released with high quality.
• Start to identify and define the team's vision and technical strategy.
• 7+ years experience in software engineering with demonstrated experience building and operating large-scale, distributed, highly available applications in a team-based setting
• 3+ years experience as a people manager in a product development or software development organization and operations
• 4+ years of experience designing, delivering and operating in a cloud environment with broad exposure to AWS architecture, networking and cloud security practices
• Hands-on experience leading a software development organization with operational excellence
• Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex distributed applications, technologies, and business concepts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to present various topics along with writing proposals and guidance documents for both the developer audience and technical leadership
• Demonstrated proactive skills, mindset and approach that always puts the customer's experience first
• Experience recruiting and building a diverse engineering team, leading by example, promoting a positive & inclusive culture, and fostering trust & transparency
• Understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement.
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems.
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience
The Nice to Haves
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and service technology
• Experience in security
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoe31-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.