Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Partner Commerce team works closely with app stores and other partners to create the best customer experiences for purchasing and managing HBO Max subscriptions. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are looking for a talented engineering leader to join the team to optimize the journey from awareness to streaming. We're looking for an engineering leader that has an interest in the space and a passion for creating great software.
As the Engineering Lead on WarnerMedia's Entitlement team, lead a team of world-class engineers that create, own and operate the services, tooling, and systems for authorizing users' access to content and features at an incredible scale. You will own and improve features that bridge between organizations and will underpin the roadmap of the product for years to come. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to drive noteworthy components of a major new service from the ground up, and your work will make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly. In this role you will lead a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will use data and your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side.
• Lead a team of world-class engineers that own and operate the services that power critical features of a product used by millions of customers
• Improve and protect large-scale systems for managing customer subscriptions for HBO Max
• Influence technology direction and continually improve and enforce process, standards, and best practices, both on this team and across the organization
• Apply your technical acumen daily. You don't code full-time but you love reading the code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
• Collaborate with product owners, designers, senior engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
• Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
• Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
• Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
• Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate.
• Support the professional goals of the engineering team members and provide coaching ( develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-one)
• Develop Team Cohesion – be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team's accomplishments.
• Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
• Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• A proven track record of building and launching successful, consumer-facing software products, including 7+ years of technical experience as a software developer
• Minimum 3 years managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical roles
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
• Passion for collaboration, and fun is a must!
Nice to Haves
• Masters Degree in complementary fields such as System Engineering or Business Administration
• Experience with mission critical 24x7 operations for consumer-facing applications/software systems
• Experience with various project management practices; Agile Scrum, Kaban, Spiral Development or TDD
• Experience developing and deploying software on multiple operating systems.
• Experience with UI Frameworks such as XAML, WPF, REACT, Angular, Silverlight, Win32, Xamarin, or similar.
• Experience with the delivery of software libraries for public consumption
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
• Experience in monitoring and telemetry: Telegraf, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Prometheus
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
• Experience with security software engineering, especially for distributed applications
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zoj7-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.