As Manager, Product Design, Product Tools, you will focus on creating mission critical enterprise tools that are as elegant as they are useful. You're motivated to develop digital experiences for our team that allow them to do their best work and which ultimately result in outstanding entertainment experiences for our viewers. Experience in browser-based enterprise tools is a plus, but a thoughtful approach to user-centric design philosophies is a must.You will oversee a team of designers and work closely with Design, Product and Engineering leadership to help define, execute and iterate on interactions and visual design patterns for the tools that support our various platforms. In this role, you will be focused on enabling and accelerating the live, day-to-day curation of HBO Max for an international audience. You will work closely with the editorial and publishing teams to ensure that our internal tools meet and exceed their needs. You will oversee the design of our custom-built CMS and other publishing tools.
• Manage a key strategic area of work, overseeing the tools design team, and upholding the highest standards of design and collaboration.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team (design, product, engineering, editorial and publishing) to drive progress, uphold standards, and advocate for exceptional user experiences.
• Partner with product leadership to help define, execute and iterate on strategic pillars for our internal digital ecosystem.
• Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day work for a team of designers and inspiring them to do their best, most innovative work.
• Seek user and business validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots as you develop new experiences.
• Manage and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines.
• Take a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development from early ideation through launch and onto subsequent iterations.
• Help to foster a fun, collaborative, supportive culture in which we are able to make career-defining work.
• A minimum of 7 years of designing digital products with at least 3 years of management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a closely related field preferred, but not required.
• A portfolio demonstrating user-centered design thinking, process and execution across multiple experience platforms (e.g. mobile app, connected TV, web, etc.).
• Some experience in enterprise / dashboard work required; experience with CMS and publishing systems a plus.
• Deep understanding of UX design principles and methodologies
• Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as agile development and lean UX.
• Strong systems thinker, with the ability to connect individual features to the all-up product experience.
• Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Figma, Photoshop, and Miro.
• Proficiency in core design skills, including composition, typography, and color theory.
• Highly effective communicator in all types of design artifacts, from feature documentation to visual specs.
• Experience managing design teams and mentoring individuals in their growth.
• Passion for staying abreast of the latest interaction design trends to share with and inspire the team.
• Strong collaboration skills working with cross-functional stakeholders and team members such as product managers, editors, publishers, engineers, and other designers.
• Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
• Not hesitant to escalate issues where necessary to upper management.
• A love of television and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
• Some experience with enterprise design, including dashboards, required; content management systems and publishing tools a plus.
• An appreciation for designing the types of internal products that unlock business success and great customer experiences.