Physical Production Lead
Manager, Physical Production (12-month fixed term contract)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Manager, Physical Production is responsible for managing WarnerMedia's relationship with producers and production houses as well as internal departments, to deliver top quality HBO Asia Original Productions, protect the interest of the company, ensuring the slate complies with all required policies and procedures and is delivered at a premium standard. This person manages production-related processes, including but not exclusively budgets, contracts, schedules and deliverables.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion and aptitude for feature film and/or scripted TV production to join the Original Productions Team. You must be able to multitask, work across different projects, be proactive and self-motivated.
You will be responsible for managing the physical production of your assigned slate of shows from initial development through to broadcast and final audit.
You are a reliable production resource who can anticipate and protect against problems that can arise in the course of a production. And you are able to troubleshoot with show producers to find solutions when issues become unavoidable.
This role includes analysis and planning, confident decision-making, good communication skills, an eye for detail, innovative thinking, anticipate and solve problems, ability to take ownership and be accountable for assigned projects.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Provide supervisory production and project management on original programming for the HBO Asia brand from development to delivery.
• Deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Establish production schedules and workflows that maximize budget and spending as much as possible on screen.
• Track production reports, cost reports and delivery timelines to ensure follow through at all levels of production.
• Ensure cashflow/funding deadlines are met.
• Facilitate production and receiving of all deliverables, including masters, Social, PR, marketing assets.
• Liaise between Warnermedia's internal stakeholders (Development, Finance, Legal, Marketing/PR, Sales) and 3rd party production houses for production-related needs.
• Manage contracting between WarnerMedia and 3rd party vendors.
• Manage the relationship between internal departments and production companies/vendors to conceptualise and execute required assets, including marketing and promotions.
• Facilitate publicity arrangements including press visits, access to cast, and/or social media.
• Help maintain schedules and trackers and communicate all changes to internal and external stakeholders, including episode delivery and broadcast schedules for each production.
• Keep production houses and shows current on the latest production policies and procedures.
• Maximise resources and troubleshoot production issues with external production teams to resolve them quickly and efficiently, minimizing any negative impact to the creative, production and budget.
• Manage other production-related relationships and tasks as required.
• Festivals, Awards, screenings, financing partners.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
• Degree or equivalent experience in film/tv, media, communications, business or related field or equivalent/commensurate level of experience. Solid experience (minimum 6 years) with Producing and/or Production Management, working on projects with a good track record for delivering on-time, on-budget and to a high standard.
• Demonstrated knowledge of scripted production process through to transmission.
• Ability to efficiently juggle multiple projects, establish priorities, proactively provide solutions, resolve conflicts and good at paperwork and processes.
• A team player with excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and other departments.
• Independently driven and passionate about production. Able to meet deadlines and work under strict time constraints.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Ability to make strong decisions and create win-win situations.
• Ability to take control of all aspects of vendor relations.
• Ability to MS Office, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Ability to speak a second Asian language (e.g. Mandarin, Bahasa Indo or Malay)
• Experience in multi-lingual and territories project management
• Corporate background with relationships with government agencies.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Experience in other broadcasters, streaming platforms, or with independent studios or production houses in a scripted and non-scripted, TV or film Production environment highly desirable.
• Proven track record in scripted entertainment content preferred.