HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe throughout 2021 - 2022.
As a Manager in Experimentation & Advanced Analytics, you will help evolve HBO Max testing and analytical capabilities that drive quantifiable growth in customer acquisition, engagement and retention through marketing. You will leverage your strong technical and interpersonal skills to manage experiment design and measurement programs across marketing at HBO Max. You will work with business partners and data science teams to ensure meaningful and actionable insights on current tests and analyses, and you will partner with data science and statistics teams to stand up advanced experimentation methods for long-term, scalable program improvements. You will mentor and guide analysts on the team to complete projects and deliver results that are clear and impactful.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded analytics manager with considerable experience in A/B and multi-variate testing and who has exceptional business and communication skills to influence key decision makers across a highly matrixed organization. They will have experience promoting and implementing good testing practices in nascent testing programs and are an expert at translating broad business questions into high-quality test designs. Finally, they will be experienced in advanced analysis, able to utilize both measured and modeled data to answer broad business questions in detail.
• Lead test design, QA and measurement of A/B & MV tests across several testing programs, and guide analysts conducting this work
• Utilize standard t-tests, advanced analytical techniques and existing data science models to generate insights from tests and analyses
• Partner with Data Science and Business Leaders to develop new testing practices for improved accuracy, speed and utility (Universal Control Groups, Synthetic Controls, etc); apply advanced new tools and methods in test measurement developed by Data Science (Bayesian testing, Geo-experiment DMA selection, etc)
• Assess current capabilities and develop the roadmap for necessary growth/process improvement for Marketing Experimentation
• Perform deep dive analysis, build compelling presentations and propose data-driven decisions to shape marketing strategies
• Foster a shared purpose and collaborative learning environment among team members that enhances the capabilities of the team
• Help determine and implement the future of experimentation at HBO Max
• Bachelor's degree or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.)
• 5+ years of work experience in analytics
• 2+ years of work experience in A/B & MV experimentation; experience with both natural and synthetic control experiments preferred
• Strong experience with SQL; R or Python experience preferred
• Experience working with cloud-computing platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
• Ability to work with disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
• Track record of partnering with and influencing business teams to better results
• Must handle multiple tasks with changing priorities from various stakeholders
• Must be able to work independently and communicate effectively
Nice to Haves
• Experience building experimentation or analytical practices
• Familiarity with MMM, LTV and customer segmentation models
• Prior experience at a major technology company
• Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxpv1-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.