Production Coordinator - Marketing
New York, NY
Manager, Editorial Strategy & Social Media (Freelance)
Located in New York and reporting to the Director, Editorial Strategy & Social Media, this position will be responsible for writing, editing, and pitching content for HBO brand social channels.
Department – HBO Brand Marketing
HBO and HBO Max Brand Marketing team is looking for a creative manager to generate original digital content for our sizable digital audiences across HBO Brand social channels and HBO.com , as well as to be a creative driver for brand-led communications across other digital-first platforms.
This role will be part of a team of writers, content managers, and producers who concept, develop, and produce brand content across platforms. This Manager is a key partner to both the Program Marketing and Growth Marketing teams, working closely with those teams to generate content that spans the brand ecosystem and informing the editorial strategy within those journeys.
A fluent understanding of digital marketing content, especially social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) is critical to success in this role -- as is a fluent understanding of the technology powering today's most engaging digital experiences.
A key position within the HBO and HBO Max Brand Marketing team, this role reports to the Director, Editorial Strategy & Social Media.
• Generate original content initiatives across multiple formats or channels in support of Brand Marketing efforts, all of which ladder up to HBO and HBO Max's brand goals and business metrics.
• Responsible for the development and execution of the HBO brand tone of voice in digital.
• Contribute to editorial strategy as well as the execution of daily content across brand social profiles and HBO.com.
• Write marketing strategy/creative briefs in collaboration with marketing leadership as it relates to brand-led communications across digital-first platforms.
• Serve as a liaison between all internal departments to ensure cohesive strategies and integrated campaigns.
• Effectively supervise a Coordinator and Editorial Assistant, providing direction, managing workflow, and overseeing skill development.
• Work with Director, Editorial Strategy & Social Media, on assessing data to improve content experiences and overall strategy.
• Partner with internal stakeholders across Consumer Marketing, CSR, Media Relations, Operations, and others including external agencies and platform representatives to develop and integrate original creative across all digital platforms.
• Fully execute on cross-platform brand initiatives.
• Identify industry insights and trends to define and refine channel approach.
• Experience at generating content strategy and publishing high-quality marketing activations with at least 4 years of relevant brand marketing experience at an entertainment company or advertising/promotion agency is preferred.
• Demonstration of outstanding creative and editorial judgment and a forward-thinking attitude.
• The ability to effectively manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, perform under pressure, identify and delegate tasks effectively, and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to persuade key stakeholders; can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
• Process-minded and adept at operational effectiveness and problem solving.
• An ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Passionate about entertainment, popular culture, television, media, and cross-platform storytelling.
• Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
• Knowledge of the digital and social media space, and a firm understanding of the trends powering today's interactive experiences.
• curiosity, business acumen, strong storytelling ability, strong work ethic, innovative thinking, skilled collaborator, positive attitude, and a passion for entertainment and pop culture.