Sports Marketing Specialist
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Manager Editorial Strategy (HBO Max)
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Latin America.
Reporting to the Director, Editorial (HBO Max-Latin America), the Manager Editorial Strategy will build and lead the team responsible for delivering the localized curation strategy for the Brazil market.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a content leader to influence and shape the international success of our new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service. You will be responsible and accountable for all Editorial, curation and in-platform communication strategies across over 20 countries.
• Build and manage a team of editorial specialists who build the curation strategy for Brazil market to drive maximum customer engagement, guided by content/market experience and analytical insights generated by consumer behavior on our service.
• This team is in charge of editorial strategy (masthead selections, strategy and creation for pages, editorial recommendations and curatorial collections) and continuously updates our landing pages across all devices within the Brazil market, including personalization, daytime strategy, selection of assets for promotion, collaborating with Product and marketing teams to design and implement A/B testing of different creative executions to understand performance and engagement drivers
• Work closely with all editorial specialists to create and localize curation strategy each month for the region.
• Prepare monthly performance reports and provide insights into user behavior in region.
• Prepare monthly curation strategy documents to be shared with Marketing, Social Media, Product, Publishing and other relevant teams to maintain flow of information and a unified editorial vision across company.
• Partner closely with Content Experience Strategy, Scheduling and Publishing teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of strategy and execution across all devices and regions and ensuring that schedules for pages are delivered on time and to specification for Publishing
• Attentive to industry news and possess ability to quickly pivot strategy as needed.
• Close cooperation with Creative and in-platform communication teams to ensure campaigns and themes are successfully displayed.
• Close cooperation with the Content Planning and Strategy team to ensure appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures. Work closely with Operational teams to ensure availability of all media assets for Editorial purposes. Together with the Data Insights and Planning and Research teams, identify critical insights and POV into Content and in-platform communication performance, consumer behavior and competitor analysis across region.
• Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish or Portuguese is a pre requisite
• Bachelor degree required
• Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behavior data to inform curation decisions. Strives to come up with new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content on HBO MAX platform.
• Process oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously to under a broader editorial strategy.
• Strong understanding of content in the Latin American context. Familiarity with regional and local content and preferences. Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our MAX content.
• Strong understanding of the Latin American market, SVOD, and direct to consumer.
• A lover of television, movies and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
• Detail oriented. Passionate about getting Ts crossed and Is dotted. Must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and proven ability to work across regions and varying time zones.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in Latin America
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands