Sr Analyst, Research
New York, NY
Manager, Editorial Content and Campaigns-HBO/HBO Max (Freelance)
Located in New York or LA and reporting to the Director, Editorial Content and Strategy, this position will be responsible for conceiving and executing brand marketing campaigns for HBO Max and HBO.
HBO and HBO Max Brand Marketing team is looking for a creative manager to lead campaigns with a focus towards digital content for our sizable audiences across HBO and HBO Max Brand channels, as well as to be a creative driver for brand-led communications across other digital-first platforms.
This role will be part of a team of writers, content managers, and producers who concept, develop, and produce brand content across platforms. This Manager is a key partner to both the organic and paid teams, working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to generate first-in-class campaigns spanning the brand ecosystem and informing the content strategy within those executions.
A fluent understanding of digital marketing content, especially social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube) and including podcasts and emerging technology, is preferred for success in this role -- as is a fluent understanding of the technology and storytelling inspiring today's most engaging digital experiences.
• Generate original content initiatives across multiple formats or channels in support of Brand Marketing efforts, all of which ladder up to HBO and HBO Max's brand goals and business metrics.
• Responsible for the end-to-end development and execution of multiple HBO brand cross-platform campaigns.
• Contribute to overall editorial strategy as well as the implementation across campaigns.
• Write marketing strategy/creative briefs in collaboration with marketing leadership as it relates to brand-led communications across digital-first platforms.
• Serve as a liaison between all internal departments to ensure cohesive strategies and integrated campaigns.
• Effectively supervise a Coordinator, providing direction, managing workflow, and overseeing skill development.
• Work with Director, Editorial Content and Strategy on assessing data to improve content experiences and overall strategy.
• Partner with internal stakeholders across Consumer Marketing, CSR, Media Relations, Operations, and others including external agencies and platform representatives to develop and integrate original creative across all digital platforms.
• Identify industry insights and trends to define and refine campaign approaches.
• Experience at generating content strategy and publishing high-quality marketing activations with at least 4 years of relevant brand marketing experience at an entertainment company or advertising/promotion agency is preferred.
• Demonstration of outstanding creative and editorial judgment and a forward-thinking attitude.
• The ability to effectively manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, perform under pressure, identify and delegate tasks effectively, and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to persuade key stakeholders; can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
• Process-minded and adept at operational effectiveness and problem solving.
• An ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Passionate about entertainment, popular culture, television, media, and cross-platform storytelling.
• Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
• Knowledge of the digital and social media space, and a firm understanding of the trends powering today's interactive experiences.