London, United Kingdom
WarnerMedia has created a new Data Insights and Operations (DIO) group within HBOMAX Direct-To-Consumer Organisation to make the streaming products more data-driven. You will be its Manager of Data Engineering who will be leading a data team that consists of highly skilled data engineers and analysts to build a state-of-the-art data platform to solve various data-driven use cases across the organisation. This platform will host various data products such as but not limited to, Subscription, Content, and Product Analytics, Personalization and Recommendation, Marketing & Ad-Sales enablement. You will be charged with building a new core data platform in the cloud - handles both streaming and batch data processing, capable of solving any big data initiatives in scope now or evolve in future as well. You will be helping data engineers, analysts, and scientists perform their functions by building highly scalable capabilities across the platform.
You will be primarily responsible for various data driven use cases to support various data needs across HBO MAX Platform, with a focus on International Marketing needs to start with. You will bring in your expertise in a wide variety of big data processing frameworks (both open source and proprietary), large scale database systems (OLAP and OLTP), stream data processing data mart development, BI/Analytics, API Development, ML Engineering to improve ad experience and revenue on HBOMax platform.
• Hire Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Analysts to build and maintain the various data products
• Lead and mentor one or more data engineering team(s), make them productive, keep them stay focused and motivated in an intense and demanding environment.
• Conduct stakeholder interviews to build a functional platform in an agile fashion – requirements may come from an internal data engineering team or external stakeholders.
• Work closely with higher management, various stakeholders to prioritize the requirements.
• Work closely with your team to architect and implement various data products which include data marts, consumer 360, consumer segmentation and data integration with first party and third-party systems.
• Work closely with various business to roll out data product initiatives.
• Present platform architecture, roadmap, plans, status, and risk to various stakeholders including higher management.
• Work with data science team to operationalize models and enable various short term and long-term personalization, marketing and other initiatives.
• Champion security and governance and make sure data engineering team following all the company guidelines while delivering data products.
• Take ownership of the platform by enabling 24X7 support.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations and formal analysis in support of executive decision making and strategy development.
• Secure funding to operationalize the tools/frameworks, build a roll-out strategy for any changes in the platform.
• Help with resource planning and budget to maintain the platform.
• Be responsible for cloud cost and improving efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Similar discipline.
• 8+ years of experience in software engineering
• 3+ years of experience in engineering management.
• 2+ years of experience in data engineering.
• Prior experience and deep domain knowledge in Direct To Consumer Business is highly preferred.
• Prior experience in Marketing Technologies is highly preferred
• Go above and beyond attitude – ready to roll up sleeves in order to meet business expectations.
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure, agile environment.
• Ability to lead one or more teams to deliver high quality data products.
• Expertise in at least few programming languages - Java, Scala, Python or similar.
• Expertise in building and managing large volume data processing (both streaming and batch) platform is a must.
• Expertise in distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Flink or Similar.
• Expertise in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift.
• Experience with Analytics Tools such as Looker, Tableau or similar.
• Experience with variety of data Tools & frameworks (example: Apache Airflow, Druid) will be a huge plus.
• Expertise in SQL and No-SQL – Apache Cassandra, DynamoDB, MySQL is a plus
• Experience in operationalizing and scaling machine models is a huge plus.
• Expertise in stream processing systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, Pulsar or Similar is a plus
• Experience in building micro services and managing containerized deployments, preferably using Kubernetes is a plus
• Cloud (AWS) experience preferred
• Ability to learn and teach new languages and frameworks.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11yxx-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.