The Manager, Content & Audience Analytics will work collaboratively within a team of research professionals tasked with understanding consumer behavior and content consumption associated with HBO and HBO Max. This position will be responsible for the creation and dissemination of key performance analyses throughout the company, focusing on key business partners in Original Programming, Strategy, Acquisitions, Motion Pictures, Marketing, and Distribution.
Candidates for this position should have strong media analytics experience, be able to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams, employ strategic thinking, possess skills in accessing large data sets, data visualization, and transforming analysis into insights to help guide overall strategy.
• Analyze and report on audience engagement and content consumption associated with HBO MAX and Warner Media properties.
• Use analysis to guide development of key performance indicators for individual series content and the app overall.
• Partner and collaborate with cross functional teams to provide holistic insights around content consumption to guide long term strategy.
• Follow and report on content engagement throughout a title's lifecycle, understanding how consumption patterns change over time and are impacted by the content catalogue as well as editorial/marketing tactics.
• Responsibility for recurring and ad hoc analyses requiring deeper dives into data sets to support inquiries from leadership and other key stakeholders within the company.
• Communicate complex ideas/analyses in a clear and concise manner to partners to help guide business decisions.
• Maintain awareness of data quality issues, partnering with other teams to surface gaps/inconsistencies and communicate timelines back to the team for implementation solutions.
• Regularly write efficient SQL queries to explore content performance utilizing both first and third party data sources.
• Employ analytic and visualization solutions that can be easily shared and used as a foundation for future work.
• Visualize analyses for client consumption, including dashboard and presentation development/management.
• 4-5 years of experience in audience analysis for digital platforms, preferably for an SVOD service. Understanding of traditional media measurement tools/terms helpful.
• A highly motivated team player, with the ability to think strategically and build collaborative relationships.
• Must be able to deliver timely insights while under recurring deadline pressures and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Candidate should have experience working with large data sets and an understanding of basic statistical analyses.
• Demonstrated experience with SQL, including query origination, optimization, troubleshooting, and joining large data sets. Candidate will be expected to find new ways of querying for data frequently, so the ideal candidate will have a history of regularly using SQL in a past role.
• Expertise with visualization tools including Looker and Tableau, with skills in dashboard design and development.
• Passion for data exploration with ability to separate true insights from noise.
• Experience regularly using Python or R for analysis a plus.
• Ability to teach/train effectively.
• Experience with traditional media measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore) helpful.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills, helping stakeholders understand the HBO MAX audience and their consumption patterns.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez877-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.