HBO® is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming through the HBO linear channels and the direct-to-consumer streaming platform, HBO Max®. Internationally, HBO-branded services are available in more than 85 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. A part of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable television titles, including dramas like ''Succession,'' ''Watchmen,'' ''Westworld,'' ''Big Little Lies,'' ''Game of Thrones,'' ''The Sopranos,'' ''Band of Brothers'' and ''The Wire,'' as well as comedy series ''Barry,'' ''Insecure'' and ''Sex and the City.''
The financial controller will collaborate with local Original Production departments to oversee 3rd party production companies, producers and accountants in Spain and be responsible for the onboarding of 3rd party production teams to HBO policies and procedures.
• Onboard 3rd party production teams to HBO policies and procedures
• Oversee timely and comprehensive budgeting and cost reporting throughout the life cycle of a production to ensure proper financial management
• Analyze production budgets from overall spend to individual rates
• Understands the operations of a production and guide each project through its financial workflows required for a successful launch on the service
• Monitor the process of tax subsidy application in the relevant countries
• Track any applicable production incentives and tax receivables
• Work closely and collaboratively with HBO teams incl. legal, tax, accounting and content planning
• Maintain production finance information in the forecast system (production funding, cash flow etc.)
• Support the FP&A team in regards of corporate finance processes (month end closing, forecasting and budgeting)
• Support project-based initiatives (ask questions, gather data, analyze, present)
• Exceptional ability in understanding complex accounting structures and strong analytical expertise
• Combine meticulous attention to detail with the ability to see the broader, strategic picture
• Experience with film production accounting software and Movie Magic Budgeting is a plus.
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
• IT-literate with excellent MS Office skills (Excel skills required)
• Fluency in English; additional language(s) preferred
• Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field preferred
• Understanding and experience in the production industry in EMEA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g678qj-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.