Paid Social Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Head of Subscriber Acquisition to execute on the D2C user acquisition strategy of paying subscribers for HBO in Europe (paid and organic). Reporting to the Head of Growth Marketing for EMEA, you will supervise all the teams responsible for organic and paid subscriber acquisition in EMEA, the social media team (organic) and the recently created digital creative services team. You will also be responsible for the efficiency of the subscriber acquisition (acquisition costs).
We are looking for a full stack growth executive, with an overall experience and understanding of the acquisition funnel and the whole lifecycle of the different acquisition channels. Your key focus is ultimately to drive the acquisition of new subscribers to HBO Europe's services by using a blend of analytical thinking, data driven experimentation and learning, automation, knowledge of the latest marketing tools, together with behavioural and creative marketing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives at the intersection of Data, Product/Tech, Content, Automation, and Marketing.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead, inspire and coach the Subscriber Acquisition team, with all the acquisition channels and our creative services team
• Drive customer acquisition volume through the different traction channels (organic and paid)
• Manage and evaluate performance of all marketing campaigns, assess against business goals (ROI and KPIs), and constantly optimise performance
• Work closely with Finance and BI teams on forecasting and budgeting
• Manage budgets across regions and channels and optimise towards LTV in each channel and region
• Manage all relationships with external marketing agencies and other partners
• Work closely with the team on cross funnel optimization and campaign planning
• Creating business cases and implementing improvements that need product/tech resources such as updating of Sign-up funnel, implementation of payment solutions, landing page improvements etc.
• Analysing and executing price and promotions changes
• Responsible for a wider team across all 19 Markets
• Decision making responsibility for all performance marketing activities and campaigns activated by the team and marketing agency
• Key relationships and reporting lines:
• Within the Growth team: Brand Marketing, PR, CRM, Commercial Strategy and Business Development
• Other teams: Management, Finance, Business Intelligence, Programming, Product, and the equivalent teams in Latam and US
• Main external: Marketing agencies, Google and Facebook, media partners
What we're looking for:
• Experience leading direct to consumer growth marketing strategies. In addition, experience in media and subscription would be a plus
• Proven skills and success running user acquisition and managing international multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience with online ad service concepts, video, mobile and social
• Experience from programmatic buying working with both DMP and DSP
• Capacity to collaborate with different areas involved in the growth initiatives (Product/Tech, Marketing, local teams, BI, data scientists, creative, content)
• Deep understanding of digital marketing analytics, tracking program performance, and testing results
• Preferably having professional experience from working with Google and Facebook
• Experience in managing the relationship with digital media buying agencies
• Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices
• Advanced understanding of overall cross-platform attribution
• Excellent data analysis skills, analytical mind, and a curious/entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to collaborate with international marketing colleagues to craft optimal marketing programs that reflect regional market opportunities, languages, and customer preferences
• High standards of excellence and attention to detail, and at the same time capacity to manage – in a collaborative way -deadlines and pressure on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial mindset, and a resilient spirit
• Love for films, series, and HBO content is a great plus
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Bachelor or Masters, in Marketing, Economics or a quantitative discipline, or other similar training
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.