Social Marketing Manager, Rapid Response
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Asia Pacific.
Reporting to the Head of HBO Max International, the General Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business in South Asia such as programming, product, branding, marketing, subscriber acquisition and retention, community engagement and data analytics.
This leader will oversee the launch plan, drive revenue and subscriber growth, lead a team of cross-functional contributors and create and execute a strategy to maximise the success of HBO Max in the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the service to ensure all work streams are aligned / integrated and reflect the overall vision for HBO Max
• Manage the P&L of the business, including budgets, reporting and resource plans, with focus on driving revenue, profit growth and managing costs
• Responsible for customer acquisition and retention to drive the growth of the subscriber base in an economic manner
• Accountable for all operations - drive key workstreams including content, product, marketing, distribution and overheads
• Develop strategic partnerships for marketing and distribution, and oversee roll-out to devices and platforms across the region
• Develop and oversee branding, performance marketing and data analytics functions to drive subscriber acquisition and retention
• Lean heavily on data analytics to improve the product and content offering across the region
• Hire, mentor and manage team members against program growth and success objectives
• Collaborate and communicate regularly with internal executive stakeholders (tech, product, data, programming) across WarnerMedia to provide key information enabling informed decisions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• The ideal candidate will have deep, first-hand experience launching and actively operating a scaled SVOD or AVOD OTT streaming service, either in a GM or functional leadership role
• Direct experience managing the marketing function for a streaming service, with deep understanding of brand building, subscriber acquisition, best practices in engagement and retention of subscribers (end-to-end lifecycle management), execution of win-back strategies; product pricing and packaging for subscription services; and the underpinning technologies and practices that support successful execution
• Deeply analytical and data-driven mindset - proven ability to build and leverage a successful data and insights practice that informs high-judgment decision making in the areas of content, editorial/programming, marketing, distribution, and customer experience
• An experienced P&L leader who can successfully define and implement winning strategies by cooperating successfully across matrixed organizations, with the ability to prioritize and balance of all involved teams to create and deliver an ongoing service that consumers love
• Possess significant financial acumen and a deep understanding of the VOD business model, with the ability to deploy strong analytical skills to planning and decision making
• Deep understanding and experience with data-driven content strategy, editorial and programmatic best practices around VOD content, with the ability to partner with an experienced content team to achieve high ROI for a limited content budget
• Deep understanding of technology and product best practices, with experience creating and managing product roadmap prioritization and actively managing, or partnering with, product management and engineering teams in the VOD sector to create compelling consumer experiences
• An experienced deal maker with the ability to roll up their sleeves and get high impact, high performing digital distribution deals with OEMs, payment partners, brand and barter partners, app stores etc. designed and implemented
• A leader of leaders who can hire and successfully manage a winning team, with an established track record of managing and leading a cross-border team (preferably remote/virtual management)
• A collaborative and collegiate approach that is effective in a highly matrixed organization
• Proven ability to blend strategic vision with excellent operational execution
• Demonstrable gravitas, strong personal impact and charisma with exceptional communication skills
• Fluent written and spoken English – in addition, a local language would be preferred
• Significant travel (South Asia and US) is likely
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.