WarnerMedia, Inc. seeks a Financial Analyst of Corporate Finance - Programming to work directly with HBO and HBO Max.
This position is primarily responsible for forecasting and analysis for Original Programming with a heavy focus on talent deals and development.
• Prepare cash and P&L forecast, budgets and Long-Range Plans for Original Programming talent and development deals including variance analysis.
• Forecast cash on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, working closely with Operating Groups to ensure proper forecasting and cash management.
• Review and analyze talent contracts to determine appropriate accounting policy.
• Coordinate with GBS, the centralized accounting team, to ensure proper monthly close reporting and accounting treatment of Original Programming
• Work cross-functionally with Business Affairs and Production Finance teams to coordinate talent payment schedules, development commitments and production budget assumptions related to talent contracts.
• Perform ad hoc deal analysis and slate sensitivities to support Senior Management in evaluating strategic business decisions
• Work with technology team on system enhancements to optimize reporting and analysis capabilities. Proactively build out new excel tools, IT systems and processes to support consolidation and analysis of programming/talent information.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years professional work experience in a Finance/Accounting position.
• Entertainment industry experience highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Hyperion and Oracle a plus.
• Must possess advanced MS Excel skills.
• Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of accounting principles and regulations.
• Excellent written/oral communication.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver with high attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kv29-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.