Head Of Originals, Netherlands
WarnerMedia (WM) plans to produce local language unscripted content for HBO Max in the EMEA region. It is expected that this content will cover a range of unscripted genres, but oversight of single documentaries and documentary series is not included as these are supervised by a different position. The role will report to Head of Original Production, EMEA.
Working closely with WM teams in the territories, the role will oversee creatively, financially and managerially WM's unscripted output. Whilst this position will not immediately have a team underneath them, they will pull on the resources internally in order to manage the commissioning of unscripted across EMEA from selection to delivery.
What you'll be doing:
• With the Head of Original Production, define and implement a strategy for the future of unscripted for WM and HBO Max in EMEA
• Oversee the development, production, post-production and delivery of all unscripted programming currently in process
• Identify suitable projects from those proposed by WM local executives and external producers and recommend them for development and/or production. This will include the evaluation of ideas, production companies, individual producers and executive producers, key creative staff, presenters, schedules and budgets
• Build relationships with key and relevant executives in the local WM offices in the EMEA region and centrally, as well as develop a close working relationship with the local production/commissioning teams. Oversee, with the local offices, any development of projects required prior to a commissioning decision
• Work with external editors, producers and directors in post-production as necessary
• Liaise with WM country teams in the preparation of marketing, on air and other promotions
• Represent WM in the wider international Unscripted community thereby raising WM and HBO Max's presence and reputation in the genre
What we're looking for:
• A proven player in the international Unscripted community as a producer, executive producer, commissioner or similar
• Deep knowledge of the history, current activity and practice of the Unscripted genre in the region and outside it
• Key relationships in the EMEA Unscripted communities including directors, producers, production companies, broadcasters etc
• Knowledge and experience of the international Unscripted format marketplace
• Proven editorial eye for choice of Unscripted series
• Proven experience overseeing the execution of successful Unscripted series
• Fluent or near fluent English
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia here.