About HBO Max
HBO Max® is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more. The streaming platform launched in the United States in May 2020 before expanding to 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean in June 2021. In the second half of this year, HBO Max is coming to European territories with further launches planned for 2022.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you are a generalist who can see the forest and not get lost in the details. You bring an architectural perspective to abstract problems and are able to lead teams in solving them. You perform a daily balancing act between agility and long-term orientation. You have a considerable technical background and are able to earn the respect of a team of strong technologists. You can coach engineers in career growth and align them with work that supports their goals, while at the same time providing long term value to the company.
At WarnerMedia, we care deeply about our team culture and values. As an Engineering Manager, one of your primary responsibilities will be to cultivate and advance that culture, and lead your team to do the same. We value positivity and inclusion. We want everyone to enjoy coming to work every day, and we want every person's voice to be heard. We organize ourselves cross-functionally, and empower teams to operate autonomously, but not in isolation. We recognize that business, product, and technical requirements change over time, and strive to work iteratively to meet those changes. We expect engineering teams to effectively manage technical debt, and make good tradeoffs between moving fast now and being able to move fast in the future. If you share these values, and are excited about the idea of fostering them on your team, you'll be a great fit for this role!
What will you be doing?
• Hold 1-on-1s with your reports, where you'll deliver feedback, set goals, and coach them on how to advance their careers.
• Lead and mentor a team of skilled engineers in delivering features
• Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Implement effective engineering processes and policies
• Lead projects from discovery to delivery, driving initiatives that impact the team(s) of engineers, engineering managers, and product managers.
• Drive product roadmap and initiatives and participate in technical design.
• Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
• Interface with the senior leadership team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs; ensures timelines are met.
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
• Experience recruiting, managing, fostering, and retaining talent on a technical team.
• Experience leading software engineers.
• Ability to ship complex projects in an environment with multiple dependencies in a high impact area.
• Knowledge of the OTT industry and development for connected devices and platforms
• High level of accountability, bias to action and a desire to empower individuals on the team to perform at their best.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Don't have an up-to-date CV? That's fine. Send us what you have, and we can go from there together.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging here at WarnerMedia https://www.warnermediagroup.com/diversity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6po9q-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.