Sr. Project Manager
Encoding Development Engineer is an individual contributor in the Encoding Development Labs working closely with the WarnerMedia workflow team. He/she will be responsible for media transcoding development and support for a wide variety of platforms, including consumer and professional platforms on-prem and in the cloud. He/she should have a strong understanding of video compression/codecs/quality. Understanding of streaming technologies such as CMAF/DASH/HLS is a plus.
He/she will be tasked with the design of systems composed of server and cloud solutions to provide robust transcoding application platforms. Use current industry standards and techniques to develop audio, video, caption and subtitle content for contribution, consumer and commercial platforms. Configure and test video encoding systems to obtain best quality (golden eye). Operate appliance consoles and/or general scripting languages to configure, monitor and troubleshoot transcoding system resources. Investigate new transcoding frameworks and technologies. Research and recommend encoding tools for new video profiles and devices.
• Design of transcode systems composed of on-prem and cloud solutions.
• Evaluate, measure and quantify video quality objectively and subjectively.
• Develop audio, video, caption and subtitle content for contribution, consumer and commercial platforms.
• Create basic scripts for Proof of Concept workflows.
• Perform validation of new and existing transcoding profiles for deployment to production environment.
• Investigate new transcoding frameworks and technologies.
• Operate appliance consoles and/or general scripting languages to configure, monitor and troubleshoot transcoding system resources.
• Document new and existing transcoding infrastructure/workflow/profiles.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or computer science discipline.
• Candidate must have 6 years' experience in video encoding or media development.
• Strong understanding over various audio and video containers/codecs used in professional and consumer environments (E.g. IMF, MXF, AS02, MP4, TS containers. J2K, ProRes, MP2, H264 video codecs. ATMOS, Dolby E, AAC, AC3, EC3 audio codecs)
• Knowledge of AWS and general cloud service technology.
• Experience working with media analysis tools such as Interra Baton, Interra Vega, Msight or other such applications.
• Ability to work autonomously with workflow, networking, storage and encoding teams to develop systems which satisfy workflow requirements.
• Must have a strong background with audio and video transcoding process.
• Must be methodical and have good debugging skills to address media issues.
• Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO Max, HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.