Manager, Strategic Planning
Find out more information at HBOMax.com .
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Latin America. Reporting to the Vice-President of Data Insights & Planning HBO Max, Latin America, the Director of Strategy & Finance be responsible and accountable for the analysis of strategic initiatives and financials for reporting and planning.
• Maintain up-to-date forecast for revenues and expenses directly controlled by HBO Max Latin America, partnering with operating teams to provide updated information and clear understanding of deviations.
• Provide timely feedback to management about risks and opportunities to the company objectives and financial targets, including recommended actions to mitigate potential risks and capture opportunities.
• Deliver required inputs to corporate finance and accounting group responsible for consolidated financial reports, including uploading information into corporate systems and completing other standard documents.
• Lead budget and long-range plans, integrating company strategy with information about economic environment and industry trends.
• Coordinate with financial systems group the required processes and support to ensure seamless integration with the corporate function, including allocations to/from other units, alignment in reporting criteria and data structure, among other needs.
• Develop innovative analyses that measure financial and operational performance in ways not captured in basic financial statements.
• Produce financial projections, business plans and detailed operating models associated with new initiatives, highlighting the P&L impact to Warner Media, returns/sensitivity analyses and cash flow models.
• Provide analytical support to complex deal negotiations, including distribution partnerships and major content licensing agreements, among others.
• Review business case projections developed by operating groups and business development team to ensure consistent frameworks and criteria for analysis and evaluation of initiatives.
• Prepare presentations to senior management as part of strategic reviews, new initiatives and budgeting process.
• Manage a team of analysts, coordinating projects and deadlines, coaching team members and promoting best practices Compensation WarnerMedia intends to attract a superior candidate and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package including a base salary plus bonus.
• Analytical mindset that can understand and summarize underlying factors driving changes in observed data.
• Solid understanding of corporate finance, forecasting, financial statements, and accounting principles, with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in high-performing, cross-divisional teams, as interaction and cooperation with many groups and functions across Warner Media is essential.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• High attention to detail, aiming for zero-defect work with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced user of financial consolidation and reporting applications (e.g. Hyperion).
• Able to quickly learn and adopt new technologies.
• Fluent written and spoken English AND Spanish or Portuguese Education BA/BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands