Director, Editorial Strategy
Culver City, CA
The Director, Retention Strategy will leverage a deep understanding of subscriber behaviors and preferences to build and evolve HBO Max's strategy for engaging and retaining subscribers. They will use data and insights to evaluate each stage of the subscriber journey, from onboarding through cancel flow, unlocking scalable opportunities to elevate the subscriber experience and extend lifetimes. Candidates for this role should be obsessed with customer data and have strong experience translating insights into a strategic roadmap that evolves as new testing insights and subscriber trends emerge.
Experience scaling a subscriber base is required; SVOD experience is a plus. Demonstrated cross functional leadership is also a key requirement.
• Leverage data and modeling to focus KPIs most predictive of subscriber retention and use to continually evaluate the health of the HBO Max subscriber base and identify priority areas for optimization
• Leverage quantitative insights and competitive analysis to develop and continually iterate on the testing roadmap for subscriber retention
• Identify and scale priority subscriber sub-segments, leaning into personalization and journey pathing
• Successfully navigate the cross functional landscape to influence partner road maps and secure buy-in for retention-focused tests and initiatives
• Lead testing and modeling to determine the optimal way to invest in subscriber retention (ex. paid media, discounting) to maximize marginal LTV
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Finance, or Economics. MBA is a plus.
• 8+ years in a DTC Strategy, Marketing or Consulting role, with focus on subscriber retention.
• Extensive experience interpreting data and developing hypotheses to drive customer engagement, preferably in connection with SVOD user experience.
• Proven track record of successfully building and executing on a strategic testing roadmap; implementing key wins and evolving subsequent testing phases based on new insights
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across a complex, matrixed organization
• Ability to communicate a vision for retention growth to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Advanced knowledge in Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite
• We're serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
• We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
• We're fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
• We're out-of-the-box thinkers and doers