Marketing Sr. Manager
Warner Media HBO MAX DTC Research is a forward-thinking team, committed to providing best-in-class research that drives measurable value to the business. We are the voice of the consumer, delivering and implementing insights to shape business strategy and support growth and retention goals.
The department is looking for a Director, Research, to be a part of the HBO MAX / HBO Research team, overseeing development and use of the HBO Max consumer panel. A key component of this role is ensuring the panel is proactively used to deepen consumer understanding across the business. The Director should be versed in quantitative and qualitative research and feel comfortable translating data to stakeholders, as well bring community management experience to the role.
• The Director will work with stakeholders and various research teams to identify and deploy a wide range of both proactive and responsive projects that will inform the business. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for continued panel growth, management, and health initiatives to ensure continued vitality.
• Develop and execute strategy for growing the community and maintaining strong engagement using creative activities that keep panelists interested and deliver value to the business
• Create a proactive research plan that leverages the panel and identifies a range of deliverables that continuously deepen consumer understanding across stakeholder groups
• Work with Research teams to identify use cases where the panel can extend and deepen the utility of existing studies and support a clear path to implementation
• Put in place an ongoing process to supplement existing reports and trackers by using the panel to diagnose dynamics that require a business response
• Partner with Research to create time-sensitive studies addressing pressing stakeholder needs
• Manage the research study process including timelines, analytic plans, development and deliverables.
• Oversee sampling, questionnaire development and execution
• Deliver intuitive and narrative driven deliverables that provide clear direction to the business
• Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
• Develops good relationships and maintains regular communications with internal stakeholders and
• Research colleagues.
• Manage vendor relationships.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Entertainment or media experience helpful but not critical
• Minimum of 10 years of primary consumer market research experience.
• Prior experience developing and managing primary research, from questionnaire development and programming to delivering clear results for senior stakeholders.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and run multiple studies while maintaining a high standard of quality
• Knowledge of a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methodologies, including best practices
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability, as well as experience finding actionable insights for the business
• Experience building, maintaining, and growing consumer Communities
• Deep understanding of recruitment best practices and streamlined processes
• Strong written and communication skills, and capable of writing in a voice that accurately reflects the brand
• Possess experience leading a team
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Adept at data visualization to tell story of insights in a clear and digestible way.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail; strong project management skills are essential.
• Open minded, creative and innovative thinker who enjoys the challenge of seeking out new and high impact ways to conduct and deliver research
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing and growing environment.