We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment, and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
As the Director of Product Experience, you focus on creating compelling digital experiences that not only meet business & marketing needs but also push the product into innovative territory above and beyond the competition. You will be responsible for product portfolio outcomes such as engagement and customer lifecycle. The Director of Product Experience will work closely with HBO Max Product Management, UX Research, and UX Design, Consumer Insights, International, and partners throughout the Warner Media team. You will play an integral role in developing product roadmaps supported by data and research, as well as responsible for pitching concepts to Product Management.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team (design, engineering, and research) to drive progress, uphold standards and advocate for exceptional customer experiences.
• Responsible for shaping the company's overall product strategy by driving actionable insights and input into roadmaps across HBO Max.
• Work with Product Planning & Strategy colleagues to evaluate roadmap prioritization and resourcing tradeoffs.
• Regularly perform comprehensive product data analyses and maintain a strong working knowledge of the market research and competitive landscape for the areas assigned.
• Develop, create and produce product materials to socialize and educate the broader product team to keep everyone informed.
• Design and model business cases and recommendations for product opportunities for HBO Max that are supported by data and research, to be pitched to the broader product team and considered for inclusion in the roadmap.
• Understand the competitive landscape for HBO MAX and use it to shape the consumer product strategy
• Mentor and grow your team of product managers, continuously improving processes, develop growth opportunities, and empower them to perform their best.
• Lead early-stage research, ideation, and design activities to further explore early-stage concepts that suggest ways on how to capitalize on areas of opportunity within the product experience.
• Responsible for creating and communicating an iterative high-level product vision, plan, and roadmap for all areas of customer experience.
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience in product management
• 5+ years of people management experience, leading high performing product teams
• A demonstrated track record of aligning product efforts around core strategies.
• Experience in market/user research, data analysis, or other ways to bring data into the scope to influence and support product decisions.
• Comfortable and experienced with synthesizing information for consumption by an executive-level audience.
• Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross-functional partners.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidates must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross-functional teams' needs.
• Bilingual English/Portuguese or English/Spanish required.
The Ideal Candidate
• Tons of passion for both the media/video industry, as well as product as a discipline.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Has a very strategic mindset that focuses on outcomes over outputs.
• A self-starter – someone who thrives in taking the initiative and needs minimal directive.
• A proven track record of executing on a given area encompassing how to operate, create a plan to tackle it, getting it done, while also communicating with the manager and the team to socialize the work they're doing.
• Great storytelling abilities – must be able to synthesize complex information into a well-formed narrative and deliver capably that narrative to various audiences.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8x92-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.