Senior Manager, Finance Revenue
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, LatAm & EMEA, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to the Asia Pacific region. Reporting to the Vice President of Data, Insights & Planning - HBO Max, INSEAK (India, South East Asia & South Korea), the Director of Finance will be responsible for financial reporting and planning across direct-to-consumer (DTC) revenue and expenses, and accountable for partnering with business leaders on strategic initiatives.
• Maintain up-to-date forecast for revenues (retail and in-app purchase DTC subscription revenue, as well as potential partner and reseller wholesale deals) and expenses (content, growth marketing, personnel, billing, etc.) directly controlled by HBO Max INSEAK, partnering with operating teams to provide updated information and clear understanding of variances and trends.
• Provide timely feedback to management about risks and opportunities to the company objectives and financial targets, including recommended actions to mitigate potential risks and capture opportunities.
• Deliver required inputs to corporate finance and accounting groups responsible for consolidated financial reports, including uploading information into corporate systems and completing other standard documents.
• Lead budget and long-range planning exercises, integrating company strategy with information about economic environment and industry trends.
• Coordinate with financial systems groups on the required processes and support to ensure seamless integration with the corporate function, including allocations to/from other units, alignment in reporting criteria and data structure, among other needs.
• Develop innovative analyses that measure financial and operational performance in ways not captured in basic financial statements.
• Produce financial projections, business plans and detailed operating models associated with new initiatives, highlighting the P&L impact to Warner Media, returns/sensitivity analyses and cash flow models.
• Provide analytical support to complex deal negotiations, including distribution partnerships and major content licensing agreements, among others.
• Review business case projections developed by operating groups and business development team to ensure consistent frameworks and criteria for analysis and evaluation of initiatives.
• Prepare presentations to senior management as part of strategic reviews, new initiatives and budgeting process.
• Manage a team of managers and analysts, coordinating projects and deadlines, coaching team members and promoting best practices.
• Analytical mindset that can understand and summarize underlying factors driving changes in observed data.
• Solid understanding of corporate finance, forecasting, financial statements, and accounting principles, with a minimum of 9 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in high-performing, cross-divisional teams, as interaction and cooperation with many groups and functions across Warner Media is essential.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• High attention to detail, aiming for zero-defect work with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced user of financial consolidation and reporting applications (e.g. Hyperion).
• Able to quickly learn and adopt new technologies.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Education - BA/BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnq42-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.