As the Director of Editorial for HBO Max Korea, you will develop and drive the localized editorial strategy and vision to support the launch and expansion of HBO Max in Korea. In this role you will build and lead a team of Content Specialists, Copywriters and video editor to deliver a highly engaging and relevant user experience for consumers. You will develop editorial strategies leveraging data around user behavior and content consumption to drive discoverability and engagement for HBO Max. You will work closely and collaboratively with various cross-functional teams (including content, product, marketing, and publishing) both locally and globally to help deliver the most compelling and engaging user experience.
• Build, motivate and manage a team of editorial specialists to effectively curate the HBO Max service to ensure maximum customer engagement.
• Oversee and lead the platform copywriting and communications team to apply and expand upon campaigns through the use of in-platform communications using localized text, images, descriptions and themes.
• Provide day-to-day operational leadership of the Editorial team and assuring the implementation of overall short- and long-term vision and editorial strategy given new features and content roll-outs.
• Responsible for continuous development of editorial guidelines, design principles and workflow across all devices and markets.
• Identify critical insights and POV into content and in-platform communication performance, consumer behavior and competitor analysis across all regions to inform audience-first, data driven segmentation strategies that drive KPI's including increasing streaming hours and discovery driving greater retention and customer lifetime value.
• Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to design and implement A/B testing of different creative executions to understand performance and engagement drivers.
• Partner closely with Publishing team to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
• Provide expertise and vision as it relates to Korea market and align with various partners across WarnerMedia.
• Close cooperation with the following teams:
• HBO Max: Content Experience Analysis and Optimization, Scheduling plus Global HBO Max Content teams
• WM International: Programming, LOP, Publishing & Operations teams to ensure appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures, working closely with Operation teams to ensure availability of all media assets for Editorial purposes.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, media or related field.
• 10 or more years' relevant experience in media and entertainment, including direct-to-consumer leadership in Korea.
• Ability to define goals and execute against a vision via small, medium and long-term projects.
• Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behavior data to inform curation decisions.
• Strives to identify new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content on subscriber behavior.
• Process-oriented individual who can lead and manage a team tasked with editorial and curational responsibilities, who is also able to act in fast-past environments and provide entrepreneurial and creative solutions when needed
• Strong understanding of content in Korea context. Familiarity with regional and local content and preferences. Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our content.
• A love of television and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
• Detail oriented.
• Must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Energetic, positive and ''roll up your sleeves'' leader with a strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• An excitement for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpj31-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.