HBO Max is looking for a motivated Director within the Data Science team to lead pricing and revenue models. This role is responsible for building best in class economic and marketing data science models by leveraging economic methods, statistical models, machine learning, data science models and advanced analytics. This role will partner closely with the HBO Max marketing team, pricing team, corporate strategy team and finance team to help them understand how HBO Max subscription pricing, consumers' behaviors, and competitive environment impact HBO Max subscriber growth. This role will lead a team.
• Define, implement and deliver best in class demand, price elasticity, pricing and revenue models for HBO Max using statistical and economic modeling techniques. Manage expectations and deliverables.
• Serve as a cross-functional technical and data expert while supporting pricing modeling, analysis, and insights.
• Forecast and measure demand driven by pricing, as well as promotions, discounts, pre-pays, advertising, and seasonality.
• Lead and grow a team of data scientists. Coach, develop, and motivate team members for continuous learning of cutting-edge data science models and best practices.
• Provide guidance for model algorithms, features generation/transformation/selection and confidently interpret and defend model results.
• Constantly exploring new features, new ways of using existing data to improve the accuracy of the models.
• Apply casual model to show cause-effect relationship between acquisition/retention and factors affecting it
• Capture business requirements for data science solutions and communicate data science output and recommendations to inform business strategies
• Create dashboard/report to share forecast with internal/external stakeholders and leadership
• Present analysis to business partners and senior leadership and make recommendations
• Go above and beyond attitude
• Graduate degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, industrial engineering or other quantitative discipline
• 9+ years of relevant experience in price elasticity, demand economics modeling with proven track record to drive innovation and business impact
• Strong expertise in machine learning, data science, statistical modeling such as GLMs, regression, XGBoost, ensembles, causal inference and NLP
• Strong expertise in Operation Research algorithms and experience in applying it on optimizing business problems
• Proficiency in machine learning language and platforms (Python, R, TensonFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
• Experience managing a team, including experience with remote teams
• Strong communication skills
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Slide/Sheet
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Subscription-based business experience preferred
• Digital marketing analytics is a plus
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo2pm-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.