Director, Data Engineering
Culver City, CA
Director, Data Engineering (Subscription) - (HBO Max)
We have created a new Data Insights and Operations (DIO) group within HBOMAX Direct-To-Consumer Organization to make the streaming products more data-driven. This team is looking to hire a motivated Director of Data Engineering who will be leading multiple data teams consisting of highly motivated data engineers and analysts to build a state-of-the-art data platform to solve various data-driven use cases across the organization. This platform will host various data products such as but not limited to, Subscription, Content, and Product Analytics, Personalization and Recommendation, Marketing & Ad-Sales enablement. You will be charged with building a data engineering team to building one or more data products, work closely with stakeholders to understand the requirement, build a roadmap and execute on that roadmap.
This individual primarily will be responsible for building and owning the Subscription data product portfolio to help support Subscription Reporting, Analytics, and other data science use cases. This individual will bring in his/her expertise in a wide variety of big data processing frameworks (both open source and proprietary), large scale database systems (OLAP and OLTP), stream data processing data mart development, BI/Analytics, ML Engineering to improve ad experience and revenue on the HBOMax platform.
• Hire Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Analysts to build and maintain the various data products
• Lead and mentor one or more data engineering team(s); maintain productivity, focus, and motivation in an intense and demanding environment.
• Act as a product owner - conduct stakeholder interviews and build a roadmap.
• Work closely with higher management, various stakeholders to prioritize the requirements.
• Work closely with your team to architect and implement various data products which include Foundational datasets, data marts, data integration with internal or external platform to measure subscription business or improve customer acquisition.
• Present platform architecture, roadmap, plans, status, and risk to various stakeholders including higher management.
• Champion security and governance and make sure data engineering team follow all the company guidelines while delivering data products.
• Take ownership of the platform by enabling 24X7 support.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations and formal analysis in support of executive decision making and strategy development.
• Secure funding to operationalize the tools/frameworks, build a roll-out strategy for any changes in the platform.
• Help with resource planning and budget to maintain the platform.
• Be responsible for cloud cost and improving efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar discipline.
• 12+ years of experience in software engineering
• 7+ years of experience in engineering management.
• 4+ years of experience in data engineering.
• Prior experience and deep domain knowledge in Subscription Business Domain is highly preferred.
• Prior experience in working with Direct Billing, IAP Billing Process.
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure, agile environment.
• Ability to lead one or more teams to deliver high quality data products.
• Expertise in at least a few programming languages - Java, Scala, Python or similar.
• Expertise in distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Flink or Similar.
• Expertise in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift.
• Cloud (AWS) experience preferred
• Ability to learn and teach new languages and frameworks.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7kn0-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.